Full Time Job
Writer Assistant - Nxt
The NXT Writer's Assistant will support the NXT Creative Writing team in all aspects of the writing process.
• Take detailed and accurate notes, and use those notes to update creative documents including scripts, talent rosters, Pay-Per-View Cards, etc.
• Participate and Take Notes in high level creative meetings with Paul Levesque, the NXT Lead Writer, and other members of the NXT Creative Writing Team.
• Work with the Lead Writer to distribute notes from meetings to necessary parties to ensure communication amongst all departments
• Follow directions, execute said directions in a timely manner, and at all times, pay close attention to detail
• Assist with day-to-day needs of the writing team at the WWE Performance Center, including helping writers with shoots with talent, promo class, etc.
• Take Initiative and communicate clearly and concisely with the Lead Writer, Writers, Performance Center Coaches, and other departments
• Perform clerical tasks such as transcribing, copying, and printing documents
• Coordinate with other departments at the Performance Center and NXT Production Team (Props, Talent Travel, Etc.) to ensure all necessary Production Elements are taken care of for NXT TV Tapings
• Attend all NXT TV Tapings and assist writers with the execution of Backstage and In-Ring Segments, serving as a Runner, coordinating talent, props, and other necessary items
• At NXT TV Tapings, update scripts and other necessary documents for the taping. Then copy and distribute the most updated documents to all necessary parties.
• Assist writers with directing and producing taped backstage scenes and live in-ring promos
• Anticipate the needs of the team and plan ahead to assure efficient departmental functioning
• Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned/needed
• Minimum of 2 years of TV Writing and/or Production experience preferred, but is not necessary
• Strong WWE and NXT product knowledge
• Time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
• Strong work ethic and a flexible schedule that allows for long hours and traveling as needed
• Willing and able to travel minimally for business to NXT TakeOver Pay-Per-Views and other necessary NXT Road Shows.
• Within reasonable commuting distance from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL, or be willing and able to relocate there
• Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive
• Dependable, motivated, and eager to learn and assist in the execution of Live Scripted Television
• Clean driver's license and vehicle to be used for business as needed
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and fast typing skills
• Strong Note Taking Skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
• BA/BS degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Communications, English, or related field of study, is preferred, but not necessary