VP, WWE Fan Analytics
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Fan Analytics will provide expertise and leadership for advancing the data analytics capability for all of WWE's direct to consumer businesses. He/she will work with the SVP Data Strategy and other team members to implement the data strategy vision, to govern and to create a culture that manages data as an enterprise asset. For key Fan-facing businesses, this role will proactively identify and execute strategic data capturing and structuring initiatives across the organization, working in partnership with Data Technology to deliver BI solutions based on industry best practices as well as be a leader of data-driven insights that support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities. Reports to the SVP, Data Strategy.
• Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the enterprise's business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications, and automated decision making.
• Innovate with and expand the organization's reporting and analytics offerings - emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies; facilitate the evolution to self-service analytics
• Identify new kinds, types, and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Help define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
• Be a champion for the information services provided by the enterprise, related data and analytics management capabilities.
• Help to organize and lead a data and analytics governance council to provide executive sponsorship and oversight for governance policy creation and compliance.
• Evolve and institutionalize behaviors for the appropriate use of information within changing security requirements and privacy needs.
• Ensure that business reports derived from controlled data are consistent and representative of the true state of the business.
• Support the development, publication and maintenance of the enterprise data architecture, as well as a roadmap for its future development that matches and supports business needs.
• Manage the full analytical lifecycle from concept to delivery, connecting optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and underlying business objectives
• Lead a team consisting of data and analytics experts either as direct reports or virtual team members, and participate on teams with technical professionals, and other specialists.
• A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 15+ years of professional experience in corporate analytics-related roles.
• Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
• Analytical skills: outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities; experience with development and use of advanced analytics tools including media/marketing analysis, financial planning and forecasting, CRM and LTV measurement.
• Familiarity with business information generation and 'data-in-action' analysis methods.
• Information strategy experience; experience with strategic technology planning and execution.
• Data science expertise and/or experience leading teams of data scientists. Ability to apply cutting edge statistical techniques to business problems. Able to effectively analyze, review, diagnose, and quality check modeled results.
• Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
• Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
• Proven data literacy - the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholders.
• Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity.
• Demonstrated knowledge of retail/e-commerce, entertainment, and digital media business processes and resultant information needs, including risk and regulatory factors relating to information flows.
• Self-motivated with a ''roll up your sleeves'' work style.
• TV, Entertainment, Media, or Sports industry experience strongly preferred.