VP, Product Development & Content Strategy
This was removed by the employer on 6/30/2022 1:20:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for VP, Product Development & Content Strategy jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all VP, Product Development & Content Strategy postings
Full Time Job
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is a multi-faceted media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE's TV-PG programming can be seen in more than 900 million homes worldwide in 28 languages through world-class distribution partners including NBCUniversal, FOX Sports, BT Sport, Sony India and Rogers. The award-winning WWE Network includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library and is currently available in more than 180 countries. In the United States, NBCUniversal's streaming service, Peacock, is the exclusive home to WWE Network. With more than one billion social media followers, the #1 sports channel on YouTube and content trending weekly on Twitter, WWE is one of the most-followed and influential brands in the world.
The Company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, Dubai, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Riyadh, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
About WWE Gaming
WWE has had a presence in gaming for over 30 years – the first official WWE licensed title debuted in 1989 called WWE WrestleMania, featuring Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan. In 1996, Japan's Yuke's developed Power Move before ultimately collaborating on future WWE games, including the WWE 2K franchise in partnership with Visual Concepts. Since 2013, WWE has formed a close partnership with Take-Two Interactive's 2K Sports, developing some of the most successful titles in the category.
WWE is also at the forefront of the mobile games world, developing world class mobile properties such as WWE SuperCard and WWE Champions for IOS and Android devices. Today, players are enjoying the WWE mobile games universe with over 150 million downloads. As the WWE brand continues its global expansion, mobile continues to play a central role in that growth.
WWE is uniquely positioned to become a market leader in the games space; 85% of WWE fans self-identify as gamers, and are actively seeking more WWE gaming products and content.
WWE is seeking a Vice President of Product Development & Content Strategy who will report to the SVP, Gaming. The Vice President of Product Development & Content Strategy will be based in the US. This position will work closely with the SVP, Gaming in creating the future gaming portfolio and identifying opportunities to expand and grow the gaming business at WWE. This role will oversee and drive the product vision, content strategy and roadmap that translates into valuable consumer experiences across full games, branded experiences and the metaverse. As the product owner, you will be responsible for guiding product development with our partners, as well as driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for both features and content during production and post-launch live service. This role will be responsible for owning the product slate and will serve as the key point of contact for all current and future partners. The Vice President of Product Development & Content Strategy will be passionate about WWE, experienced in game development, business-minded and think rigorously to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of players.
Combining product thinking, creative vision and executional excellence, this will be an opportunity to put your stamp on the future of WWE gaming.
• Define the product vision and develop and implement the product strategy for WWE games, establishing a clear definition of what success looks like for each game and align with business goals
• Identify key partners in the video game and tech industries and establish relationships to create engaging WWE experiences across all forms of interactive entertainment
• Partner closely with external partners to define each game's roadmap strategy by driving the entire feature lifecycle from the initial design phase through live-game optimization and validate the plans
• Support partners' live operations and collaborate on content plan that drives engagement and revenue
• Operate each game as a business unit, responsible for revenue objectives and develops and maintains indicators that track project quality, delivery, financials, and risks
• Establish internal processes to ensure smooth development processes and acts as the voice of the product to internal stakeholders and leadership
• Leverage player feedback and game data to inform roadmap and feature design solutions to increase engagement and monetization
• Deep understanding of player motivations and segmentations across multiple genres/platforms
• Build, foster and maintain relationships with third-party licensees, platform distributors, and potential partners; build a network of relationships with outside entertainment partners, agencies, experts, and stay informed on market developments and competitive strategies
• Work alongside legal and the SVP, Gaming to negotiate and draft agreements for future partners
Expert level understanding of top competitive titles, genres, gaming landscape and business models
• Experience working with internal senior partners across the organization working with numerous teams and communicate, collaborate, influence, and gain buy-in from all internal stakeholders
• 10+ years in game development in a gaming, sports, or entertainment industry; has served in a key development role, such as an executive producer, creative director or studio lead
• Proven commercial success delivering games across key platforms including console, PC and mobile; experience working on a variety of genres and publishing models such as AAA and F2P
• Experience vetting publishers, developers, and game pitches to guide c-suite decision-making
• The ability to work with legal and finance teams to execute agreements for digital products
A self-starter, someone who can manage and build a portfolio from the ground up and the willingness to be hands on and get involved in the complexities of managing a growing division
• A strong strategic mindset and someone who is highly capable of formulating a long-term product and content strategy
• Experience working on third party integrations, from the contract to product execution phase
• Must have passion for WWE content in order to push the story out to the global gaming market
• Validated ability to influence decision-making across different functions at all levels within the organization
• Desire and capacity to stay current on evolving competitive landscape, expanding technologies, global market dynamics, and cross-industry synergies
• Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects, effectively prioritize and work under demanding deadlines.