VP, Marketing Operations
Full Time Job
WWE Job Description
Role: VP, Marketing Operations
Reporting to: EVP Marketing
The VP will support the EVP Marketing and the entire Marketing organization. You will play a key role in leading, designing, delivering, and evangelizing a comprehensive program of change to ensure the impact of WWE marketing is globally optimized and maximized. This position will interface with key leaders and partners across WWE to build and execute strategic plans for all marketing priorities.
Based in Stamford, CT, the ideal candidate will have an extensive business background with a special focus on marketing at senior-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. The VP will be a key ally in the planning and building of the WWE global marketing team, ensuring transparency and reporting effectiveness. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and bring fresh ideas on translating customer needs into a complete loyalty solution that includes program development, creative themes, communications, and strategy execution. You will assess performance and execute focused analysis to measure program results and provide actionable recommendations and insights to the EVP and wider Executive. You will have either worked in a strategy role in an agency or in a content / media or sports entertainment organization with a proved track record.
• Directly responsible for supporting the EVP in running the day-to-day operations of WWE's marketing operation and bridging the gap between strategic planning and tactical execution.
• Assist and advise the EVP in developing and managing the short- and long-term strategic objectives of marketing; maintaining focus on progress against the objectives and ensure deadlines are met.
• Support and facilitate various management meetings, including weekly meetings, business reviews, and team off-sites, as necessary.
• Extensive understanding of the marketing mix including through the line, GTM, and pricing across B2C & B2B with a heavy emphasis on digital product development and global content media solutions.
• Understands martech and future trends in lifecycle management to unlock future LTV.
• Inform and advise the EVP on all issues, internal or external, where a potential conflict or future breakdown may occur.
• Data and financially literate, you will work closely with the EVP to transform the marketing operation into a revenue generator for the business, securing a performance model budget to drive growth.
• Assist / communicate with the marketing team in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation.
• Collaborate with internal key stakeholders and external partners to create processes and efficiencies to execute better and faster and develop presentations on behalf of the EVP for use with the management team and key internal stakeholders
• Oversee the Executive Assistant and provide guidance on weekly priorities, calendar, travel, etc. to streamline communication and bring solutions to the EVP
• Manage and represent the EVP's office, maintaining long-term efficiency and effectiveness
• Troubleshoot and resolve various marketing issues and inquiries in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and track deliverables and accomplishments across multiple initiatives/projects
• Identify productivity trends across the marketing organization and use insights from reporting to create and drive efficient processes and improve productivity.
• Lead and facilitate the annual budget process, quarterly planning, and marketing reviews.
• Partner with senior executives to drive and support day-to-day departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
• Stay up to date on organizational operating policies and procedures (i.e., Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate protocols are followed, and facilitate accordingly.
• Lead strategic initiatives and tactical deliverables where required across multiple functional areas, such as Finance, HR, and Legal.
• Work closely with senior leadership to define optimal performance management programs to ensure overall success and align training, reporting, and incentive programs with performance management platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Clear & knowledgeable digital strategic thinking that inspires innovative & effective work.
• Understanding of tools and techniques used in marketing and audience development.
• Experience working across all marketing disciplines and international markets.
• Excellent budgetary skills demonstrating efficiency of spend & effectiveness.
• Understanding of econometric and attribution modelling across the marketing funnel.
• First class program management skills and ability to balance short term delivery targets and marketing campaign requirements with longer term development of transformational change.
• Extremely strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across a fast moving, multi-faceted organization.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills, demonstrated both through relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party agencies.
• Degree in Business Administration or similar field preferred.
• Minimum of 6 to 8 years in a business or project management role.
• Maintain a high degree of discretion, prioritization, and project management skills, as well as the ability to influence and reach amicable and successful solutions.
• Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial, and high performing culture to facilitate delivery of WWE's strategic goals.
• Outstanding facilitator for cross-functional thinking to define complex issues, facilitate ideas, influence thinking, and build consensus around decisions or effectively lead discussion towards decision.
• Poise and grace under pressure with excellent leadership, communication, and prioritization skills.
• Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Wider brand and marketing experience as an experienced and well-rounded marketeer.
• Strong communication skills and able to build relationships and influence at all levels internally and externally.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate and present ideas/strategies to different audiences and a passion for finding solutions to enhance performance.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills. A good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
• Well-organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Comfortable working in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience of the Sports Entertainment / Media industry is desirable but not essential.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is a multi-faceted media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media, and publishing platforms. WWE's TV-PG programming can be seen in more than 900 million homes worldwide in 28 languages through world-class distribution partners including NBCUniversal, FOX Sports, BT Sport, Sony India, and Rogers. The award-winning WWE Network includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library and