VP, Business & Legal Affairs Entertainment
Full Time Job
Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs - Entertainment (NYC Area or LA)
The Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs - Entertainment will manage all phases of legal advice for the Television, Studios, Digital, and Music divisions/functions of WWE (including negotiating and drafting all agreements related to television and content production/programming deals, as well as overseeing music-related deals and arrangements).
• Negotiate, draft, administer, and close all requested deals (production, celebrities, musical acts, etc.) in connection with Television, Studios, Digital, and Music.
• Maintain ongoing, positive relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Stay abreast of market and industry trends in the various entertainment sectors.
• Negotiate and draft contracts with support crew, appearance agreements, music licenses, development and production agreements, clearance agreements, clip/footage licenses, copyright and trademark issues.
• Provide all necessary assistance for related ongoing entertainment litigation.
• Work collaboratively with other functional areas in WWE's Business & Legal Affairs team, including Intellectual Property, Government Affairs, International, and Corporate.
• Maintain a direct and open relationship with Television, Studios, Digital, and Music departments; provide exemplary legal support and counsel for all related matters.
• Supervise and assist in managing shared paralegal resources.
• The successful Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs - Entertainment will be seasoned and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, high stress, and ''roll up your sleeves'' environments. He/She will have served in a similar role within a media, sports, television production, or live events company and will also have a proven track record of skillfully navigating deals and successfully negotiating on behalf of a company.
• In addition, we seek:
o A minimum of 10 years of experience as a practicing entertainment lawyer, preferably including both company-side and law firm practices.
o Leadership and managerial experience with a company engaged in the entertainment, media or sports industries strongly desired.
o Significant experience negotiating and crafting production, licensing, and other commercial agreements, specifically in entertainment or media.
o Experience working on agreements for pay cable networks, basic cable networks, SVOD platforms (like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) in connection with scripted and unscripted programming.
o Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills.
o Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
o International experience a plus with the capability of bringing a global, multi-cultural perspective; experience working on cross-border transactions and joint ventures, television production, licensing and rights issues also of value.
o The successful candidate should hold a law degree from a well-regarded American law school.