Vice President, Employment Counsel
Full Time Job
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate will be seasoned and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, high stress, and ''roll up your sleeves'' environments. He/She will have a proven track record of skillfully navigating and negotiating employment-related claims.
• Provides proactive and effective legal services, training and counsel at all levels of the Company on a wide variety of employment and labor legal issues/matters.
• In coordination with HR, devise and draft policies, standards and business procedures designed to foster compliance with various state, federal and local employment laws and regulations.
• Keep abreast of legal decisions, statutory changes and other developments impacting HR and the business, and proactively advise the company on same.
• Manage employment litigation, including pre-litigation demands, EEOC charges, and claims filed in federal or state court.
• In coordination with HR, develop and deliver training to internal clients on a variety of employment legal topics.
• Ensure that WWE's strategies, programs, policies, practices, and initiatives comply with all employment and labor laws, regulations and rules.
• Identify and advise on the management of potential employment and labor legal risks.
• Assist in developing and coordinating responses to regulatory authorities, protect company legal interests by utilizing legal experience, technical knowledge and understanding of regulations.
• Draft agreements and other transactional documents with respect to WWE's employment and labor matters.
• Advise the company on litigation risks of possible business decisions and manage litigation as needed.
• Support the development and dissemination of policies that will ensure that the company is in compliance with all laws, regulations and rules that may apply to the company's activities.
• Leadership and managerial experience with a company engaged in the sports, entertainment, or media industries strongly desired.
• 8+ years of legal experience with employment and labor issues/matters.
• Self-motivated and deal-savvy with demonstrated ability to take initiative, make strong decisions, and offer a high level of customer service.
• Adept at working in a dynamic, roll-up-your-sleeves, fast-paced environment.
• JD and admitted to practice in one or more U.S. States.
• Proven experience reflecting sound judgment, business acuity, leadership skills and have the ability to influence management on employment law issues.
• Experience demonstrating a high level of skill with employment and labor matters and an understanding of their importance in a legal department.
• Experience counseling business partners on employment and/or labor legal and compliance matters.
• Experience developing and administering ongoing formal trainings to the business on compliance and emerging employment/labor legal issues.
• Experience with drafting and managing negotiations.
• Experience managing through change and simplifying complex processes.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA accredited law school and Bar admission (Connecticut Bar a plus).
• An organizationally sophisticated self-starter able to perform duties with minimal supervision and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Solution-oriented approach and philosophy, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, sound judgment, outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills, exceptional organization and management reporting skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to collaborate proactively with multiple departments across the company and its multiple lines of business.