Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs Talent Relations & Talent Develo
The Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs – Talent Relations & Talent Development will manage all phases of legal advice for the Talent Relations and Talent Development divisions/functions of WWE (including negotiating and drafting all agreements related to performing talent, as well as overseeing talent-related legal policies and protocols).
• Negotiate, draft, administer, and close all requested talent deals (wrestling talent, celebrities, referees, announcers, etc.) in connection with Talent Relations and Talent Development.
• Maintain ongoing positive relationships with talent and talent representation, including staying abreast of market and industry trends in the various entertainment sectors.
• Manage legal processes, procedures and protocols for all phases of talent contractor life-cycle (contractor screening, immigration, policies, medical screening, drug testing, and talent royalties).
• Negotiate and draft contracts with talent, booking contracts, endorsement agreements, appearance agreements, copyright and trademark issues.
• Oversee legal aspects of talent Health & Wellness program and assist with medical services practices; provide all necessary assistance for related ongoing talent litigation.
• Work collaboratively with other functional areas in WWE's Business & Legal Affairs team, including Intellectual Property, Government Affairs, International and Corporate Legal.
• Maintain a direct and open relationship with Talent Relations and Talent Development departments; provide exemplary legal support and counsel for all talent-related matters.
• Assist with international travel tours and talent-related immigration matters.
• Supervise a dedicated paralegal team and additional shared paralegal resources.
• The successful Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs – Talent Relations & Talent Development will be seasoned and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, high stress, and ''roll up your sleeves'' environments. He/She will have served in a similar role within a media, sports, television production, or live events company and will also have a proven track record of skillfully navigating deals and successfully negotiating on behalf of a company.
• In addition, we seek:
• A minimum of 10+ years of experience as a practicing entertainment lawyer, preferably including both company-side and law firm practices with talent-side representation also credited.
• Leadership and managerial experience with a company engaged in the entertainment, media or sports industries strongly desired.
• Significant experience negotiating and crafting talent services, licensing, booking and other commercial agreements, specifically in entertainment or media.
• International experience a plus with the capability of bringing a global, multi-cultural perspective; experience working on cross-border transactions and joint ventures, television production, licensing and rights issues also of value.
• The successful candidate should hold a law degree from a well-regarded American law school.