Vice President and General Manager LATAM
WWERemote - Miami, FL
Full Time Job
Vice President and General Manager LATAM (Flexible Location To Miami, Stamf
The Vice President and General Manager Latin America and will report directly to the Executive Vice President, International. This position is responsible for the smooth operations of the Latin American businesses, representing WWE as the face and voice in the LATAM region and work across all lines of the business (Television, OTT Services, Live Events, Marketing, Sponsorship, Digital and Licensing & Merchandising).
The LATAM focus markets being Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Argentina.
This position will lead on existing and new business development to ensure long-term growth for the Latin American markets that covers a wide range of different revenue streams. This role must provide inspirational leadership through the dedicated local teams in Mexico and partnering with functional heads in Stamford.
The role will operate within a matrix structure within WWE International corporate policy, procedures and guidelines.
• Manage the regional strategy across all lines of business (Television, Live Events, Marketing, Sponsorship, Digital and Licensing & Merchandising) and provide central leadership to explore, develop and recommend approaches for sustainable business growth
• Work together with the heads of all lines of business to develop an annual strategic and operative plan for the market, pursue business development opportunities, and determine an annual budget.
• Represent WWE as the face and voice in the region, managing strategic and brand-promotional partnership opportunities. Build and maintain strong relationships with local business partners beyond WWE's traditional network, including sports, entertainment, music, fashion, retail, politics, culture, etc.
• Focus on growing brand awareness by expanding WWE's b2b, CSR, media and social footprint
• Work collaboratively across functions and regions to grow WWE in line with broader company objectives and establish; regularly update and present to Executive Team; deploy and manage local operations while providing support for key WWE projects and initiatives.
• Drive the financial and strategic success for the region based on clear, measurable performance metrics.
• Monitor and report on WWE's presence in the sports and media space and act as the local liaison on performance (i.e., ratings, viewership/consumer feedback); provide on-going market insight / foresight and KPI (key performance indicators) on general market and competitor status
• Enhance relationships with local networks and work hand in hand with the Affiliate Relations/TV Production group
• Explore and assess potential new strategic partnerships and business initiatives to maximize presence in market.
• Member of the senior Management team in LATAM
• Manage the top level day to day business operations
• Review P&Ls across all LOB's with Finance at HQ.
• Responsible for the smooth operation and Administration of the Mexico office.
• Directly manage local partnerships for content distribution, Marketing, Digital, Consumer products and Live Events
• Leading strategy and operations of Marketing Directors for LATAM with dual reporting to GM and Headquarters.
• Co-leading with functional heads and CPG- and Digital/Social members in the Mexico office
• Encourage an environment that fosters innovation, brand and revenue growth
• GM will be responsible for working with local LOB Managers in LATAM and functional heads in Stamford for making sure that the teams are aligned and reaching market specifics goals
• Provide clear leadership to create an innovative environment in line with overall company strategy and objectives
• Reporting to the EVP, International
• Maintain ongoing and transparent communication with functional heads in Stamford
• Interface effectively with the rest of the LATAM structure as well as other parts of WWE
• Proven track record and experience in senior management role of a multi-channel media or sports brand
• Respected and recognized senior sports, media and entertainment executive with broad and deep network in the entertainment and media industry
• Excellent communicator with strong experience of interacting with senior executives and operating within a matrix management organization.
• Works well in an international environment and prepared to travel when necessary
• Experienced in working within an international business, with a global perspective.
• Dynamic, energetic, entrepreneurial, hands-on approach and creative thinker
• Proven leadership experience, well respected and known in the LATAM region
• Experience working with national (and international) media partners
• Strong understanding of changing consumer media-consumption behavior in the context of an evolving digital landscape
• Experience in managing/building life-style brands and/or consumer products preferred
• Excellent people skills, able to deal with a broad range of people in different LOB's and from diverse cultures and countries
• Strong affinity with product and brand
• Experience in identifying and closing strategic partnerships
• Ability to analyze and translate market/competitive dynamics into business actions
• Undergraduate degree required, Master's degree preferred
• Fluent in English and one other language preferable, Spanish or Portuguese