Full Time Job
Do you want to be part of a faced-paced, high-energy environment with a wide range of creative projects across all of WWE? Then WWE Creative Services is the department for you!
This hands-on Studio Manager will work directly with Creative Directors and Project Management to lead partners through the full cycle of project production - from initiation and planning to execution. While managing a team of 5-7 production artists, they'll ensure that the work produced is high-quality, meets all project objectives, and is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Studio Manager reports directly to the Senior Studio Director and helps drive the entire creative production process-from consulting with the briefs to resourcing, production, asset delivery, and archiving while performing daily hands-on production work.
Manage projects across media in a highly matrixed organization, track and report on the creative process, and move the process forward on time, on budget, and most of all, on-brand. The Studio Manager guides the Studio through the entire production process across all surfaces and defines timing, scope, and resourcing.
The Studio Manager must have strong interpersonal skills. They have to effectively manage stakeholder expectations while simultaneously upholding the vision and standards of the Studio. They will work with teams including Creative Directors, Copy Editors, Associate Creative Directors, Senior Art Directors, Art Directors, and Project Management.
Setting appropriate expectations, managing conflict, and tracking resources is challenging. To succeed, the Studio Manager needs strong problem-solving skills and must negotiate deadlines and deliverables with stakeholders, making appropriate resource trade-offs in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
While studio management is primarily a project management function, the Studio Manager should understand creative standards and vision and assist in enforcing guidelines and routing questionable materials to Creative Directors for review.
Studio management roles require a firm understanding of software programs like the entire Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management software such as Robohead or Workfront.
In-depth knowledge within a discipline
Must demonstrate solid working experience and a firm understanding of the functioning of an in-house creative team or agency.
Strong presentation and communication skills - Explain the rationale for Studio work to others within the Studio and outside the team.
Utilize strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail, to promote collaborative partnerships and successful program delivery.
The role of Studio Manager encompasses all of the attributes mentioned in the Studio Management Overview, plus:
• BA/BS degree and 4+ years of hands-on production experience within a corporate marketing organization or ad agency
• Experience managing 5-7 production artists
• Understanding of the creative process, from initial objective-setting to creative concepting, design, and production
• Ability to manage projects and teams in a highly matrixed organization
• Manage multiple projects, tracking, and reporting on progress and status
• Negotiate and own the schedule and resource planning to ensure the Studio team is set for success
• Build relationships and work closely with partners to understand their needs and priorities, clarify objectives, and clearly communicate plans
• Proactively identify potential issues and problem-solve with the extended team while keeping all parties informed and tracking
• Identify roles and responsibilities at project outset to clearly understand and set expectations while also ensuring a streamlined and efficient program delivery
• Foster a collaborative environment and promote team harmony
• Act resourcefully and work independently with attention to detail
• Manage open-ended, ambiguous, or ill-defined projects
• Skilled in usage of Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, and project management software, such as Robohead or Workfront
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing tasks and meeting timelines
• Retouching and compositing skill set is a plus
Active participation and Studio advocacy
Collaborate with the marketing teams as a key contributor and proponent for effective communications to the target audience:
• Proactively identify issues, actively involve others, and propose solutions
• Successfully juggle priorities
• Show eagerness to broaden skills and improve
• Leverage the knowledge of others, working closely with the broader Studio team
• Willingly answer questions within the team and offer help
• Receive, weigh, and integrate diverse feedback from a multi-disciplinary team
• Take ownership for asset management
• Manage creative process and workflow from creative brief submission to release of digital assets