This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2020 10:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Softlines Director jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Softlines Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Softlines Director? Account Director – Licensing, Softlines
The Account Director, Licensing, Softlines is responsible for all facets of the management of Softlines categories within WWE's domestic licensing business as well as manage the Tapout brand joint venture with Authentic Brands Group. As the primarily liaison for Tapout with ABG, this individual will build cohesive marketing strategies for Tapout across WWE's business units to ensure a total brand statement tailored to specific objectives. This role will be responsible for planning, forecasting, and achieving revenue targets across a global retail footprint. This is the ideal role for a candidate that wants to manage all facets of a business in a specific category. The successful candidate will lead the softlines business for WWE and have the opportunity to shape the brand statement in this key and emerging category.
• WWE Domestic Soft lines:
• Account management of all WWE apparel partners inclusive of asset approval, line plan ideation, marketing, forecasting, and contract management.
• Research competitive brands and companies to identify new business development strategies for Softline categories
• Partner with Retail development team to support distribution of partner product across all retail channels
• Build partner relations via daily communication, performance tracking and support, onboarding, cross-departmental coordination, managing approvals from business perspective to ensure it aligns with contractual rights via our approval database
• Manage all operational aspects of permissions/rights-clearing and content licensing, including TV content and music requests, royalty tracking and billing, vendor management, and documentation to ensure all businesses run smoothly.
• Administer contracts in conjunction with the legal department as well as renewal and amendments of existing agreements.
• Assist with the coordination of all business financials, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting on concurrent partnerships supporting diverse business goals.
• Actively monitor budget and report performance with Team and Finance partners
• Independently manage all elements of the Tapout brand joint venture by identifying and executing on all opportunities for revenue and brand growth
• Lead all elements of Tapout marketing within WWE including coordination with TV, Social, Digital, Live Events, Marketing, Finance, and Research departments
• Review and approve all Tapout licensing agreements
• Provide strategic leadership for retail marketing initiatives, positioning Tapout as a lifestyle brand
• Develop and execute all national and international Tapout marketing and promotional campaigns on behalf of WWE to maximize brand awareness and retail sales
• Manage brand assurance for WWE on all Tapout submissions including product approvals, marketing & advertising, retail signage, etc.
• Manage internal communication and reporting associated with health of the brand, Marketing, and Retail activations and promotions, and overall business plan associated with the joint venture
• Manages P&L and analyzes global licensing royalty revenue and sales performance trends. Tracks and measures execution of the business plan, identifies potential shortfalls, develops contingency and recovery plans. Ultimately responsible and accountable for short and long-term results of the licensing business in the territory.
• Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry, specifically for relevant categories. Stays current with appropriate merchandise offerings/trends across mass, mid-tier and specialty retail, for specific age and gender demographic
• Manage internal communication with key internal constituents; GSP, Brand Assurance, Finance, Legal
• Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
• Work closely with VP of North America Licensing and Director of business development on overall licensing and partner management strategy.
• Spearhead and support other special projects as needed.
• An established leader with a proven record of success in building and managing profitable brands
• Minimum 5 years experience in brand licensing, retail development and marketing for a major brand or brand licensing organization
• Demonstrated success with negotiations and closing key account sales
• Dynamic, energetic, entrepreneurial, hands-on approach and creative thinker
• Effective relationship builder across all levels with retailers, licensees, partners and a proven ability to lead and create consensus among multiple internal business units
• Strong contacts and networks in the domestic licensing communities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to senior level management
• Possess a high level of initiative and comfort working autonomously, yet remaining adaptable to change
• Must be able to generate high-quality material in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while managing multiple projects at once
• Undergraduate degree required