Senior Software Engineer, Media Platforms
Full Time Job
Open to Remote
WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment! WWE's PG, family-friendly programming is broadcast in more than 180 countries and 25 languages and reaches more than 800+ million homes worldwide! WWE has more than 1 billion social media followers. WWE is the #1 sports channel on YouTube, and the #2 most viewed channel in the world overall.
As Senior Software Engineer, Media Platforms you will build platforms, software, and services that power WWE content from internal tools and systems through to consumer products. Successful candidates are engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the software lifecycle and are committed to automation, scalability, and reliability. Our engineers display leadership skills and are excited to seek out new problems across the full-stack as we grow our digital products and the software that powers them. The ideal candidate is in their element running production grade critical software and systems and looks for opportunities to improve processes with automation. Our environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and lots of fun!
• Participate as a collaborative part of the full SDLC process, including software design, development, peer reviewing, testing, deployment, and documentation
• Work closely with Product Management and Software Engineering to drive excellence in digital products and services
• This is a 24x7 production environment. While we are mindful to have a good work/life balance, you will share on-call duty with other team members
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks
• Experience with data store technologies (SQL and/or NoSQL)
• Understanding of source control as an element of the SDLC and knowledge of git
• Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await)
• Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience developing user-facing software
• Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or others
• Experience building API-based services using Rest, GraphQL, or gRPC
• Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
As an employee, we provide outstanding benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.