Senior Broadcast Engineer
Full Time Job
We're Content Systems Engineering. Our mission is to drive the innovation of, and support of any technology involved in creating WWE's content. From Editing to Graphics to Studio to Live Productions to Workflow Management, we aim to keep it all running smoothly and continually explore new technology to meet WWE's content production goals.
We're looking for a Senior Broadcast Engineer on our Studio and Live Production Systems team. This role fills a key need as both an EIC for productions and leading the integration of new systems for WWE's production teams.
You're likely a seasoned professional or someone who has worked 5 to 10 years career in television or technology. You understand the infrastructure required to support a live production and words like ''SDI'', ''MADI'', and particularly ''IP gateway'' mean something to you. You have been EIC for productions in the past and understand all aspects of a control room including Grass Valley switchers, Ross Carbonite, RTS intercom, Ross Xpression, Calrec audio boards, as well as all of the glue that keeps it running. You are also fluent in different video transmission methods from Satellite, fiber, and over the internet protocols.
You're constantly looking at how productions are made today and looking for ways to improve them going forward. You are constantly looking to improve production workflows, this could be migrating to IP video or learning about a new tool that isn't typically used. This includes new technologies that have not been used in broadcasts before.
You are someone that has always strives to understand all technologies in their fullest and want to share the information you have learned from others.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
• You are designing and implementing new systems on your own and reach out to lead when you need help
• You can solve problems at lighting speed to make sure productions stay on air, and follow up after to make sure it fixed the ''right way'', so issues don't repeat
• Create new system designs, and ensure installation following engineering standards
• You are researching new technologies to implement in our daily workflows. You think outside the box
• You document and follow system testing and general maintenance plans for all on air systems
• Answering support emails, phone calls, pages and handling initial tier 1 troubleshooting of any issues that come your way in a timely manner
• Working with our JIRA ticketing system to log calls, researching solutions, writing SOPs to help your fellow engineers and production teams in the future
• Using tools, installing equipment in equipment racks, running cables, and configuring new equipment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO THE JOB
• 5 to 10 years of demonstrated experience helping people solve technology problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially on relaying technical issues
• Demonstrated advanced experience working in a Live production environment
• Ability to read and create system diagrams in AutoCAD, and other drawing applications.
• Extensive knowledge of Switchers, Audio boards, Pro Tools, ingest, Playback systems, and transmission systems.
• Comfort working and installing systems in racks, as well as integration or communicating with an integration team when the project requires
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple on-going projects
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with high levels of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm
• Extensive knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Apple operating systems