Senior Director Of Booking
Full Time Job
Senior Director of Booking, US & Canada Live Events
Based in Stamford CT, the Senior Director of Booking, US & Canada Live Events is responsible for the booking and routing process for all WWE PPV, TV, and 'house' shows throughout the US & Canada.
This important management position is integral to the success of other lines of business and includes ascertaining availability and negotiating key business terms with primarily indoor venues; coordinating and scheduling c.300 shows annually; and controlling/overseeing the facility hire contracting process.
Additionally, the position plays a lead role, particularly in the early stage of the process, with providing relevant information and ensuring clear lines of both third-party and interdepartmental communication including production, marketing, merchandising, etc. And requires maintaining beneficial relationships with an array of venues privately or corporately owned and, most commonly, operated by professional sports teams, city/state municipalities or facility management companies.
• Negotiate business terms taking into consideration all revenue/profit implications
• Liaise closely with Regional Live Events Directors in the routing process to help maximize success
• Secure markets with appropriate frequency to achieve full value from individual towns/cities
• Maintain and, where appropriate, further develop a system to record, track, and take advantage of multi-year venue 'holds'
• Manage and distribute the internal routing calendars
• Ensure routing efficiencies while accounting for the limitations and/or individual market needs
• Identify prospective new markets, new venues, new opportunities, etc
• Review and, where appropriate, improve show settlements to maximize profit
• Liaise closely with Legal to ensure alignment of the facility hire contracting process
• Provide input to help achieve departmental budgets and company objectives
• Engender professional and mutually beneficial relationships with key internal stakeholders and third-parties
• Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, upcoming tours, etc.
• Must be able to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, directives, creative, etc.
• Flexibility in working extended hours if/when required
And the successful candidate will have:
• 5-10 Years in venue management/bookings
• Ideally 3-Years booking and routing experience with major live event touring entity
• Bachelors' Degree
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills aligned with demonstrable business acumen
• Experience in a fast paced, ever developing environment
• Outstanding oral and written communicator
• Flexibility to accommodate an ever-changing live events landscape
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, project management, and time management skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• May be required to travel on rare occasions (trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights)