Senior Director, Legal and Business Affairs
This was removed by the employer on 6/18/2020 11:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Legal and Business Affairs jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Senior Director, Legal and Business Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Legal and Business Affairs? Role Summary:
The Senior Director, Legal & Business Affairs will work closely with the Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel (SVP) to manage all phases of legal advice for the technology, digital and data privacy functions of WWE, including negotiating and drafting agreements related to various parts of the organization. This role will work with the SVP in counseling senior executives and internal client groups on various legal, business, and risk management matters.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate will be eager and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, fast paced, and ''roll-up-your-sleeves'' environments. He/She will have served in a similar role within a media, sports, television production, or live events company and will also have a proven track record of skillfully navigating deals and successfully negotiating on behalf of a company.
• Work closely with SVP to serve as a go-to legal service provider.
• Draft and support execution of key agreements including digital development / professional technology service agreements, data engineering agreements, enterprise technology agreements, technology license agreements, web/network engineering agreements, digital content licensing agreements, network platform agreements, data analytics agreements, research and survey agreements, social media agreements, strategic digital agreements, various other licensing agreements and key service provider agreements; provide strategic legal and business counsel in negotiating and structuring same.
• Provide counsel on issues of strategic importance to the organization and, as appropriate, contribute to the corporate strategy planning process.
• Provide counsel and support on various data privacy matters including GDPR, CCPA and various other data privacy issues to ensure company complies with all applicable regulations.
• Advise the company on litigation risks of possible business decisions and manage litigation as needed.
• Coordinate and work proactively with the company's corporate communications team to ensure that public statements made on behalf of the company accurately reflect legal exposure.
• Support the development and dissemination of policies that will ensure that the company is in compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign laws, regulations and rules that may apply to the company's activities.? Stay abreast of significant policy developments, market and industry trends, and recommend appropriate action when necessary.
• Actively champion the company's ethics and integrity by, as much as possible, visibly and regularly educating company employees on the company's compliance policies and overseeing the company's implementation of those policies.
• Manage legal processes, procedures and protocols for all relevant functions of the organization.
• Experience as counsel to a company engaged in the sports, entertainment or media industries strongly desired.
• Experience practicing with a top tier law firm.
• 8+ years of related legal and business affairs experience, with increasing levels of responsibility (blend of law firm and in-house experience preferred).?? Self-motivated and deal-savvy with demonstrated ability to take initiative and offer a high level of customer service.
• Outstanding negotiating, drafting and proactive client-service/support skills and high level of comfort providing business-savvy legal counsel in an entrepreneurial environment.
• An organizationally sophisticated self-starter able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
• Adept at working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Creative, business-friendly approach to problem solving.
• Excellent academic background in addition to strong academic credentials from an ABA accredited law school and Bar admission (Connecticut Bar a plus).
• Solution-oriented approach and philosophy, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, sound judgment, outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills, exceptional organization and management reporting skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to collaborate proactively with multiple departments across the company and its multiple lines of business.