Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2022 10:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Senior Cybersecurity Engineer postings
Full Time Job
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) with headquarters located in Stamford, Connecticut is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to play a critical role in the safeguarding of the organization's critical systems and data. As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, the individual will be responsible for supporting and managing WWE's cybersecurity programs and daily operations. He/she must have a strong technical background and be process focused. He/she must have the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time, quickly evaluate risks, and articulate security concerns in both a technical and business friendly manner.
The successful candidate must have a ''security first'' mindset, ensuring security related technologies and processes are maintained and kept up to date. Additional responsibilities include detecting and analyzing emerging threats, determining, and implementing countermeasures, and responding to observed security events and/or known security incidents.
• Supports the maturing of the organization's cybersecurity posture, by further establishing and delivering on key strategic initiatives.
• Recommends, configures, enhances, and maintains relevant security systems and tools based on areas of responsibilities and current threat landscape.
• Works with cross-functional teams to drive broad-reaching technology initiatives related to security.
• Manages and contains information security incidents and events to protect critical assets, intellectual property, related data, and the company's reputation.
• Maintains security focused programs to ensure the organization is prepared to protect, detect, respond, and recover from a cyber-attack.
• Promotes best practices, implements, and maintains critical security controls, supporting processes and procedures.
• Provides mentorship, advice, and skill enhancement to junior team members.
• Aligns closely with the Cybersecurity Analyst and Security Operations team.
• Liaise with other technical and business teams regarding secure architecture, management, and monitoring events to ensure threat indicators are rated by severity and responded to in a manner consistent with the threat.
• Works in partnership with the technology departments and provides support for infrastructure/networking, cloud and platform, enterprise applications, web development, content engineering, and data technology divisions as it relates to security best practices.
• Works collaboratively with the data privacy and compliance team to prioritize risk remediation efforts.
• Participates in on-call after-hours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved, and security events and incidents are addressed in a timely manner, in accordance with internal SLAs.
• 4-year degree in computer science or related combined work/education experience.
• Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in the field of cybersecurity.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred.
• Strong hands-on experience in related cybersecurity technologies and tools. Including but not limited to Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW), Web Application Firewalls (WAP), Unified Threat Management (UTM), Network Access Control (NAC), Endpoint Detect and Response (EDR), security appliances, software, and vendor specific utilities.
• Extensive experience in the suite of Palo Alto products, platforms, and services.
• Experience with the Varonis suite of products and platforms a plus.
• Experience with the Gigamon platform and services a plus.
• Experience in security related programs. Including but not limited to vulnerability and patch management, application security, IoT security, and mobile security.
• Experience in supporting Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Windows Server and Linux Server platforms.
• Experience in and/or strong knowledge of Identity Access Management (IAM), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign-On (SSO) platforms or other authentication methods.
• Experience in or hands on experience with secure configuration management and system hardening.
• Experience with supporting Palo Alto and Cisco platforms and services a plus.
• Experience in cloud security (AWS, Google, or Azure) a plus.
• Experience in computer forensics and cyber incident investigations a plus.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, and the OSI Model.
• Experience with NIST Controls, the NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF) and ISO/IEC 27000 series frameworks.
• Knowledge of or experience in deployment of the Center of Internet Security (CSC) Critical Security Controls (CSC) top 18.
• Ability to analyze complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
• Strong operational and process background.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, well-organized, and able to manage time efficiently.
• Team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
As an employee, we provide outstanding benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.