Live Events, Director
Full Time Job
Live Events, Director, North East
The position will be based at WWE's global headquarters in Stamford, CT reporting directly to the VP Live Events Marketing.
The role will be responsible for directly managing and/or supervising all aspects of marketing, sales, and public relations for approximately 80-100 events annually. The candidate will initially concentrate on the Northeastern portion of the United States and Eastern Canada.
The candidate will provide strategic management and continuity between events and markets in the region both in scheduling and marketing working collaboratively with the departmental colleagues to maximize the success of live shows/tours.
• Oversee a staff of 2 Marketing Managers for the region
• Provide and/or oversee scaling and pricing for all regional events
• Develop a media/advertising campaign and strategy per event based upon assigned budgets
• Build substantial relations with both media & venue partners within the region
• Work with local media partners and venues to create and implement marketing strategies, sales and creative promotions
• Ensure best practices adhered to regarding talent relations, local production, logistics, etc.
• Provide regional market insights regarding live entertainment industry initiatives
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of appropriate market demographics
• Participation in departmental strategy meetings with the VP & SVP of Live Events
• Help determine and manage the live shows/tours P&L
• When appropriate, engage other WWE business lines to ensure Live Events is properly aligned
• Work with live event creative services, TV/Digital and radio producers to develop a custom creative strategy in each market
• Work with detailed sales reports and reporting methods
• Create and analyze various reports on event sales and trends
• Required to be on site for all events in the Northeast region which the Director is the event lead and responsible for day of event accountabilities
• 7 years live entertainment industry experience, preferably live shows/tours or venue management
• Demonstrable history of excellent industry contacts and working relationships
• Proven track record in promoting profitable live shows/tours
• Broad knowledge of current markets and venues landscape
• Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and holidays
• Significant travel for meetings & events will be expected (40-60% annually)
• Full-time position located in Stamford, CT