Income Tax Manager
This was removed by the employer on 9/19/2023 10:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Income Tax Manager jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Income Tax Manager postings
Full Time Job
Income Tax Manager
The Tax Manager is responsible for review of the Company's income tax requirements, including monthly income tax provision preparation, income tax estimates/extensions, cash taxes, international and domestic income tax schedule-based adjustments, foreign tax provisions, state tax apportionment, and assistance with federal and state income tax audits. Additionally, the Tax Manager will review and maintain the company organizational structure along with related domestic and international registration requirements. The position is at the company's headquarters and reports to the Director of Tax.
• Oversee the preparation of all domestic and international income tax returns.
• Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
• Preparation of the quarterly tax provision and tax-related financial reporting.
• Review international aspects of the Company's consolidated Federal income tax return, including:
• Schedule M-3 Adjustments
• Forms 5471, 8858 and 8975
• Forms 8994 – Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI)
• Develop and maintain general ledger extracts of tax sensitive date needed to complete tax filings and the quarterly tax provision.
• Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of tax process.
• Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team to create strategies to capitalize on changes to tax legislation.
• Identify domestic and international tax issues, perform technical tax research, and engage in hands-on work on various domestic and international tax projects, including modeling impacts of tax initiatives and developments and legal structure planning.
• Assist the Director of Tax with Federal, international, state and city income tax audits.
• Preparation of state tax credit applications including gathering required documentation.
• Liaison with outside tax consultants and independent auditors
• Manage and maintain milestone calendars for both domestic and international tax filings and liaison with external service providers to ensure timely tax filings.
• Implement tax technology automation for various tax processes to improve tax compliance and financial reporting of taxes.
• Assist with tax special projects
• Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting/tax experience within a public accounting and/or corporate environment.
• Strong technical and research background around federal and state tax codes, US GAAP (ASC 740 and ASC 718).
• Experience in international tax reporting and compliance, including FDII, GILTI and foreign tax credit calculations
• Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to complex issues.
• Ability to work effectively with external tax advisors.
• Extensive project management skills
• Experience with CorpTax income tax provision and tax compliance software desirable
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability and desire to work in teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.