Full Time Job
Reporting to the Vice President – Tax, the Director – Tax is responsible for leading all aspects of the global ASC 740 function, focused on developing and carrying out WWE's global tax strategy. This includes responsibilities in the areas of forecasting of cash tax payments, and coordinating with global tax planning and business support, global tax authority engagement, transfer pricing, and collaboration with external consultants in fulfilling WWE's financial reporting and tax compliance commitments. Diversified technical tax knowledge including corporate, partnership, state and local and international tax across various industries is required.
• Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the global tax provision
• Responsible for tax accounting and financial disclosures for the quarterly and annual ASC 740 process across the organization, including maintenance of SOX 404 compliance, and communications with the external auditors and internal audit
• Owning the tax accounting policy function by acting as a ''go-to'' resource for the business by providing timely and accurate advice and establishing internal tax accounting policies
• Responsible for the forecasting of cash tax payments
• Responsible for provision-to-return adjustments and explanation of significant variances.
• Develop and implement tax process improvement projects and leverage tax technology to increase efficiencies. including automation and technology initiatives to transform existing tax functions in anticipation of the changing tax reporting and compliance landscape.
• Determine proper tax treatment of tax positions and transactions pertaining to taxable income reported on the Federal and State tax returns.
• Ability to evaluate, identify and model the impact related to current or proposed US legislative changes.
• Playing a key role in our global financial audit relationship for tax, and with taxing jurisdictions worldwide
• Confirm deferred tax asset and liabilities by performing balance sheet testing.
• Review the current income tax payable rollforward schedules and reconcile to the tax accounts in the general ledger.
• Organizes and maintains tax records as required by tax authorities.
• Direct the preparation and review process for the consolidated federal, state, and international tax returns/reporting
• Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance required; CPA required; advanced degree a plus
• Minimum 15 years of experience in public accounting and/or large multinational corporate tax department, involved with US/international tax research, interpretation and planning, tax controversy, risk management and transfer pricing.
• Strong working knowledge of U.S. tax law (including 2017 U.S. tax reform) and application to multinational enterprises, complex consolidated tax groups, and tax planning concepts
• Strong domain knowledge on IFRS/US GAAP related to income tax accounting including IAS12/ASC 740
• Strong communication skills, strategic thinking, strong problem solving and project management skills, and independent work ethic
• Experience with tax compliance and provision automation tools
• Experience interacting with service providers