Director, Scripted Development and Programming
WWELos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Scripted Development & Programming, WWE Studios
WWE Studios is seeking a scripted executive for their rapidly expanding scripted division. This role, reporting to VP, Scripted, will assist in the development and production of scripted series & features, from conception and deal-making to production and delivery. This position will be an active contributor to the overall WWE scripted programming strategy. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with agents and network executives; fantastic taste in material; have a deep knowledge of established writers and the ability to identify emerging voices. Must have the ability to source material and leverage IP. Experience in both comedy and drama preferred.
Director, Scripted Development & Programming, WWE Studios:
• Develop new scripted series and features for WWE Studios, including meeting with and taking pitches from potential writers.
• Assist in the production of pilots and series, including pre-production, production, and post.
• Maintain high degree of knowledge of current events and trends internally with our talent and discuss with staff and producers.
Aid in the implementation of WWE Studios' international strategy, locating production partners and scripted opportunities around the world.
Identify writers for international productions.
• responsible for communication amongst programming, marketing, PR and other internal departments across all offices.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 4 years experience in development and production of scripted content with a network or production company.
• Strong knowledge of competitive development across the industry.
• Established reputation and relationships within creative community.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• A general interest in wrestling, its history, and talent (a fan of WWE encouraged but not required)