Director Of Business Operations
Full Time Job
Director of Business Operations (Production)
Reporting into the VP, Operations, the Director will support the Advanced Media Group in matters related to the centralization of business operations including, budgeting and tracking of all productions. Prepares, refines, reviews budget and forecast models, resource utilization, and manages accruals for various initiatives. Assists in the role of refinement and implementation of budget and forecast models in concert with the requirements of the finance and accounting organizations. Works to find efficiencies, make recommendations on system changes, seek improvements and identify where cost saving measures could be implemented.
• Work closely with the Production Management team to manage the planning and tracking of budget estimates and actuals
• Track all production costs and work closely with the Finance team to submit and monitor production payments, and create and reconcile production budgets
• Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities.
• Manage the forecast and budget process for expense and capital, and ensures all procedures and activities comply with corporate guidelines.
• Reviews month end accruals in partnership with the finance team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Tracks projects to budgets for yearly budget and on a project to project basis.
• Identifies potential problems with any aspects of the budget process and help to provide resolution.
• Performs other duties and projects as requested
• 7 years of solid financial management skills, preferably in the production space
• Ability to think strategically, and create and drive strategy that aligns with overall company goals, and effectively translate that strategy into actionable tactics to meet or exceed budget targets
• Strong understanding of accounting principles
• Strong understanding of the content production process
• Analytical and financial skills anchored by natural, common sense thinking
• Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• Ability to thoroughly test models and proactively identify solutions
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field