Director, Global Strategy
Full Time Job
Director, Global Strategy
WWE's Global Strategy group partners closely with the executive team to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all our business lines including Content Distribution, Live Events, Sponsorship, Consumer Products, Network, Digital. To support our growing pipeline of key initiatives, WWE is hiring a Director of Global Strategy to tackle some of the biggest questions facing the company. This is a dynamic role that requires someone who can bring strong strategy development experience and analytical capabilities to a fast-paced environment.
As part of our charter, the Global Strategy group at WWE maintains a focus on 4 key pillars. This role will actively engage across all pillars:
Long Term Corporate Strategy - evaluating the changing M&E landscape, identifying opportunity spaces, and ensuring WWE is positioned to win in the future Internal Consulting - partnering with WWE's lines of business to strategize for growth Innovation & New Business - exploring opportunities to re-imagine existing businesses, and enter whitespaces and adjacencies Corporate Development - VC investments, M&A, JV, and other inorganic growth opportunities
The ideal candidate will help further the business by providing objective in-depth analyses of key business drivers and developing recommendations for maximizing performance across WWE's business globally. We are looking for someone with a high sense of intellectual curiosity, emotional intelligence and diplomacy. This person will have excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills, and is comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior executives. This person will also display an outstanding ability to build consensus and effectively lead discussions toward resolution, coupled with an openness to receive feedback and a desire to learn and grow rapidly.
• Lead and contribute to projects which explore, evaluate and recommend strategies and tactics to support WWE's corporate priorities
• Analyze quantitative (e.g. market analysis, consumer trends, economic conditions, etc.) and qualitative (e.g. objections, competitive strategies, winning applications etc.) market feedback to establish strategic and tactical measures
• Work on 'internal-consulting' projects that explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies and tactics to support WWE's corporate priorities
• Pro-actively identify opportunities to advance WWE's strategic thinking across company key pillars (Content Rights, Sponsorship, International, Digitization, etc.)
• Work closely with leadership from the Global Strategy team, and build relationships and collaborate with several functions across WWE to develop holistic strategic recommendations
• Support long-term organic and inorganic growth initiatives via Innovation & New Business focused projects and M&A, JVs, investments, etc.
• Develop standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses to support Executive decision making
• MBA required with minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in top-tier strategic consulting, strategic planning / corporate strategy, and / or business development
• Deep understanding of and experience in the Media & Entertainment industry preferred – familiarity with Digital Media, OTT / DTC distribution a plus
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated direct team leadership experience in similar consulting / banking / strategy environments, and indirect team leadership of cross-functional resources
• Proven ability to independently drive all facets of a strategy project from identifying the question, structuring and performing complex analyses, and developing models and presentations
This role will operate primarily from WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT, with potential to work from the New York City office 1-2 days per week, and may also require travel.