Director, Global Strategy & New Business
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2020 12:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Global Strategy & New Business jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Director, Global Strategy & New Business postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Global Strategy & New Business? WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. WWE's PG, family-friendly programming is broadcast in more than 180 countries and 25 languages and reaches more than 800 million homes worldwide. The award-winning WWE Network is the first-ever direct-to-consumer premium network with more than 1.7 million subscribers. WWE has more than 1 billion social media followers. WWE is the #1 sports channel on YouTube, and the #2 most viewed channel in the world overall.
WWE's Global Strategy group partners closely with the executive team to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all our business lines. To support our growing pipeline of key initiatives, WWE is hiring a Director / Senior Director of Global Strategy & New Business to tackle some of the biggest questions related to new opportunities for the company.
As part of our charter, the Global Strategy group at WWE maintains a focus on 4 key pillars:
• Corporate Development (VC investments, M&A, JV, and other inorganic growth opportunities)
• Innovation (exploring opportunities to re-imagine existing businesses, and enter whitespaces and adjacencies)
• Long Term Corporate Strategy (evaluating the changing M&E landscape, identifying opportunity spaces, and ensuring WWE is positioned to win in the future)
• Internal Consulting (partnering with WWE's lines of business to strategize for growth)
While members of the Global Strategy team actively engage across all 4 key pillars, this position will focus primarily on pillars 1: Corporate Development, and 2: Innovation
This is a dynamic role that requires someone who can bring strong strategic, innovation, and corporate development experience to a fast-paced environment.
• Support long-term Inorganic growth initiatives including M&A, JVs, investments, etc.
• Drive the identification, evaluation, and structuring of acquisitions, JVs, and other investments
• Work with key functional and business stakeholders to head the diligence process, manage internal business partners, develop valuation – drive deal structure via coordination with key stakeholders including Finance, Legal, Accounting, Tax, etc.
• Lead the identification of new early stage companies that represent interesting investment opportunities for WWE, and help manage the portfolio of existing early-stage investments
• Build and maintain a network of relationships across the banking and VC community
• Manage interactions across a portfolio of companies who are synergistic, competitive, or adjacent that offer WWE unique opportunities to acquire, partner, or invest
• Collaborate with executive team to prioritize, source, evaluate, execute deals that align with our long-term Corporate Strategy
• Manage and contribute to projects which explore, evaluate and recommend strategies and tactics to support Innovation across WWE various Lines of Business (Television, Live Events, Consumer Products, Network, Digital)
• Lead cross-functional teams to drive transformational initiatives throughout the innovation lifecycle, including from idea generation through business case creation to implementation
• Analyze quantitative (e.g. market analysis, consumer trends, economic conditions, etc.) and qualitative (e.g. objections, competitive strategies, winning applications etc.) market feedback to establish strategic and tactical measures to support innovation
• Work closely with leadership from the Global Strategy team, and several functions across WWE including Analytics, Finance, Research to develop holistic recommendations
• Effectively build relationships and collaborate with team members across multiple lines of business and functional departments
• MBA required with minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in top-tier investment banking, private equity, strategic consulting, strategic planning / corporate development, business development, or innovation strategy
• Deep understanding of and experience in the Media & Entertainment industry preferred – familiarity with Digital Media, OTT / DTC distribution a plus
• Meaningful experience with early-stage investments and M&A – demonstrable experience supporting deals from beginning through execution
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated direct team leadership experience in similar consulting / banking / strategy environments, and indirect team leadership of cross-functional resources
• Proven ability to independently drive all facets of a strategy project from identifying the question, structuring and performing complex analyses, and developing models and presentations
• Ability to rapidly identify the key drivers of a business issue and develop / lead analyses that produce actionable insights
• Intellectual curiosity, with an interest in the sports, media and entertainment industries - ability to synthesize key market developments to develop strategic implications for WWE
• Passion for exploring and understanding new technologies to drive innovation
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Outstanding ability to build consensus around direction and effectively lead discussions toward resolution
• Strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives
• Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Diplomatic, with an ability to adjust approach according to audience
• Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback and coaching from peers and managers, with desire to learn and grow rapidly
• This position may require travel, but expectation that role will operate primarily from WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT