Director, Business Intelligence
Full Time Job
The Director, BI & Knowledge Platform is the lead role in Data Technology responsible for the BI Roadmap for WWE. Reporting to the head of Data Technology, this expert will give direction to a team of analysts, developers to optimize the UX of Tableau, Cognos and other visualization and insight exploration platforms for WWE's internal consumers. This role will be key to the rollout of all BI products and reporting across WWE's data management platform, and will partner with Data Analytics and other technology teams across WWE. Our environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and lots of fun.
Open to Remote
WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE's TV-PG programming can be seen in more than 900 million homes worldwide in 28 languages through world-class distribution partners including NBCUniversal, FOX Sports, BT Sport, Sony India and Rogers. The award-winning WWE Network includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and an extensive video-on-demand library and is currently available in over 180 countries! In the United States, NBCUniversal's streaming service, Peacock, is the exclusive home to WWE Network. With more than one billion social media followers, the #1 sports channel on YouTube and content trending weekly on Twitter, WWE is one of the most-followed and influential brands in the world!
The Director, BI & Knowledge Platform is the lead role in Data Engineering responsible for the BI Roadmap for WWE. Working with the head of Data Engineering, this specialist will give direction to a team of analysts, developers to optimize the UX of Tableau, Cognos and other reporting platforms for WWE's internal consumers. This role will be key to the rollout of all BI products and reporting across WWE's data management platform, and will partner with Data Analytics and other technology teams across WWE. Our environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and lots of fun.
• Establish and maintain the BI & knowledge roadmap for WWE
• Work with Analytics team to identify, build and certify data sources for reporting metastore
• Lead the Business Analysis team responsible for data profiling, deriving source-to-target data maps for development team
• Lead the analytical engineering practice ensuring all code and pipelines written for BI, data science are written with repeatability and reliability considerations
• Establish the UX for reporting platforms (Currently Tableau and Cognos) for WWE
• Work with solutions architect to build Center of Excellence (COE) for data information life cycle management, governance, lineage, and quality
• Evaluate new technology for reporting as a proof of concept
• Responsible for establishing deployment checklists, user segregations, user documentation and training for WWE end users for Reporting
• Keep the BI Roadmap up to date with from a technology stack, creating upgrade plans and timeline for execution
• Implement a Mobile first approach for development on the WWE reporting platforms
• Set up performance measurement program for all reports and device plans for continuous performance improvement of existing dashboards and reports
• 10+ years experience in BI Roadmap delivery
• 8 + years experience in Data Warehousing in Media industry and consumer data
• Familiarity with Open source tooling for Data engineering, Transformation tools like DBT, Orchestration tools like Airflow
• 3+ years of experience in Visualization software (preferably Tableau)
• Proven track record managing onshore and offshore development teams
• Experience in working with Big Data including web analytics, content data such as Youtube and Social data
• Understand PII standards, processes, and security protocols
• Experience implementing and supporting operational data stores for Reporting
• Willing and able to work flexible hours and be ''on-call'' as needed
• Relevant college degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) preferred
As an employee, we provide outstanding benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.