Continuity Script Supervisor
Full Time Job
Continuity/Script Supervisor - Job Description
• Maintain and Oversee the weekly Continuity documents for RAW and SmackDown Live
• In charge of proofreading all drafts of RAW, SmackDown Live and PPV Scripts each week
• Will assure all major stories, graphics and transitions are being brought forward for all shows and nothing is being overlooked
• Create, set and communicate weekly checklists for all shows to keep Lead Writers on track and making sure they are bringing all stories forward
• Responsible for watching all shows and up to date on all creative and all WWE related events (Digital, Social, Publix Relations, Community Relations, etc.)
• Serve as a liaison between RAW and SmackDown Live to ensure continuity between the creative of both shows
• Works closely with Head of Department, VPs and Lead Writers throughout the creative process to ensure the entire Creative Writing Team is on the same page
• Minimum of five years professional editing, oversight of multiple scripts
• Strong understanding of structure and narrative story telling
• Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
• Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements' directions accurately.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed
• Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
• Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
• Plugged into pop culture and current events
• Ability to work closely and effectively with the Creative Writing Executives and Writing team throughout the creative process.
• Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus
• Must live in New York City/Stamford, CT area OR be willing and able to relocate there
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Public speaking skills/experience a plus
**This is not a writing position/will not be pitching creative**