Full Time Job
Accounting Manager (Temporary)
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment! WWE is a non-partisan organization, and we are committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as proven by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.
WWE's mission is to put smiles on people's faces the world over, whether we do that through our entertainment property or by giving back to the community!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general ledger accounting and reporting for various areas of the business to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits.
• Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes
• Review and approve monthly journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by Accountant(s)
• Prepare reconciliations for high risk transactions and accounts
• Prepare monthly operating results and analyze significant variances from operating plan and prior year
• Preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly SEC filings and statutory filings.
• Assist in various project-based assignments
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners at all levels to ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with accounting policies
• Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting and closing processes
• Assist financial reporting group with audit requirements and compliance
• Special projects as required
Key Performance Measures:
• Meeting monthly closing deadlines with accurate results
• Achieving efficiencies and improved accuracy of financial results
• Optimization of processes performed by the onshore and offshore teams
• 5+ years of dynamic accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field of study
• CPA and both public and corporate accounting experience preferred
• Management experience preferred – either on or off-shore
• Passion for developing standard methodologies
• Strong excel, analytical, organization, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Experience with JD Edwards and/or Workday a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.