Full Time Job
Accounting Manager (Temporary)
WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment! WWE's PG, family-friendly programming is broadcast in more than 180 countries and 25 languages and reaches more than 800+ million homes worldwide! The award-winning WWE Network is the first-ever direct-to-consumer premium network with more than 1.7 million subscribers. WWE has more than 1 billion social media followers. WWE is the #1 sports channel on YouTube, and the #2 most viewed channel in the world overall.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general ledger accounting and reporting for a specific area(s) of the business to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits.
• Perform accounting close and reporting processes (monthly, quarterly, annual) for fixed assets. This will include the new Corporate Headquarters.
• Review and approve monthly journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by Accountant(s). Prepare reconciliations for high risk, sophisticated transactions and accounts
• Prepare monthly operating results and analyze significant variances from operating plan and prior year
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly SEC filings and statutory filings.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners at all levels to ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with accounting policies
• Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting and closing processes
• Supervise and develop offshore accountants
• Assist financial reporting group with audit requirements and compliance
• Special projects as required
Key Performance Measures:
• Meeting monthly closing deadlines with accurate results
• Achieving efficiencies and improved accuracy of financial results
• Optimization of processes performed by the onshore and offshore teams
• 5+ years of multifaceted accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field of study
• CPA and both public and corporate accounting experience preferred
• Management experience preferred – either on or off-shore
• Passion for developing and streamlining processes and standard methodologies
• Self-motivated and proactive; able to function in a fast paced, multifaceted environment and still pay close attention to details
• Experience with JD Edwards and/or Workday a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.