WwdNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2022 7:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Manager postings
Full Time Job
WWD and Footwear News Social Media Manager
WWD and Footwear News are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and diligent Director of Social Media to run all the social channels for these brands. This person will have an excellent understanding of the nuances of different social channels, and a reporter’s eye for a great story, aligned with attention to detail and tone of voice. This is a senior position that will produce social for two leading brands in the areas of fashion, beauty and footwear.
• Run all social channels for WWD and Footwear News
• Use data to plan and maintain a content calendar and post schedule
• Consistently deliver pithy, authoritative, funny, shareable posts that gain followers
• Engage and respond to our audience on all channels to wwd.com and footwearnews.com are permanently part of the conversation around fashion, retail and beauty and footwear, respectively
• Devise series, hash tags and other ways to make our content vital, to better reach new audiences and expand our market
• Grow audiences across platforms for each brand
• Analyze, interpret and report on social data and insights
• Collaborate with editors to optimize editorial content for social media, monitor social trends, and make real-time editorial recommendations to grow and engage users and drive traffic
• Work with video department to execute video content on a consistent basis
• Be at the forefront of social innovation so WWD and Footwear News are always on the most appropriate channels
• Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Client Services team to craft and deploy sponsored content and campaign
• Manage social coverage of live events across all platforms
• Minimum 3 years of experience in social media, ideally from an editorial perspective, along with web content experience using CMS such as WordPress or other custom platforms
• A fundamental understanding of social media to drive traffic to web pages
• Experience with paid content promotion
• Understanding of visuals and promoting a story
• Proven track record of increasing brand audience and engagement
• Experience using social media management tools (Sprinklr, Adobe Social, Spredfast, etc.)
• Solid proficiency with analytics and listening tools (Google Analytics, Sprinklr, CrowdTangle, etc.)
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
• Understanding of Facebook’s organic publishing products (Branded Content Tool, Audience Optimization Tool, etc.)
• Flexibility with work hours that will likely involve time outside the 9-to-5 weekday hours; off-shift work required occasionally in urgent news situations
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets. Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more. Footwear News’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
About Penske Media Corporation
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit? www.PMC.com.?