Fmg: Senior Art Director
WwdNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fairchild Media Group is looking for a Senior Art Director to work primarily on WWD editorial, but to serve as a mentor for the art department. The position will report directly to the VP of Creative and will primarily interact with the editorial and production teams. The Senior Art Director will be responsible for the overall aesthetic and design of all WWD products, which includes WWD Digital Daily and WWD Weekend, as well as assigning illustrations and management of the designers.
• Responsible for the design of WWD Digital Daily PDF and Gutenberg, as well as WWD Weekend, which is 6x a year.
• The senior art director will serve as a leader and mentor for the art department
• Works closely with editors and creative director to maintain the highest quality of design and production standards while keeping on track with deadlines.
• Conceptualize the visual components of a story and execute them from start to finish, branding for events, designing layouts, and communicating ideas across other teams.
• Attends weekly status and design meetings.
• Ability to manage other designers and freelancers as well as their own projects.
• Some flexible work hours required
• At least 8-10 years of editorial graphic design experience and at least 2 years of managing other designers
• A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience
• Extensive knowledge of printing and prepress practices required
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including XD.
• Basic knowledge of WordPress or similar platforms
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• Detailed knowledge of pre-press requirements for print: manufacturing process, proofing, and color correction.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
**Please submit portfolio samples with your application in order to be considered for this position.**
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets. Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more. Footwear News’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media Corporation has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.