WwdNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fairchild: Junior Designer
Fairchild media has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Designer to join its growing editorial design department. The Designer will report to the art directors and work on a mix of digital and print products - WWD Digital Daily and Beauty Inc. weekly newsletter (Digital products) as well as Footwear News monthly and Beauty Inc. Bimonthly (Print magazines).
• The position will report to the art director and work on a mix of digital and print products - WWD Digital Daily and Beauty Inc. weekly newsletter (Digital products) as well as Footwear News monthly and Beauty Inc. Bimonthly (Print magazines).
• Equally skilled at producing templated pages, in addition to designing one off creative feature stories off template.
• Commission illustrations and manage the process.
• Create social media and web assets
• Managing your time wisely and keeping the team up-to-date while juggling multiple projects at once
***THE SCHEDULE FOR THIS POSITION IS THE EVENING SHIFT FROM SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY-MUST BE FLEXIBLE
• 1 years’ experience working in an inhouse design team, using Adobe CC
• 1 years’ experience using Adobe CC
• Experience working on high-volume quick turnaround products is a must.
• Working knowledge of CSS and HTML and how it relates to design is a plus
• Video editing capabilities are a plus
• Flexibility in schedule is a must.
• Experience working with WordPress a plus
• Strong attention to detail, quick learner, ability to take direction and feedback with a positive attitude, and willing to work as a team
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets. Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more. Footwear News’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands please visit www.PMC.com.