WwdNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WWD: E-Commerce Editor
Fairchild Media, publisher of WWD, Beauty Inc, Footwear News, and Sourcing Journal, is hiring an e-commerce editor to lead all affiliate marketing content creation on Beauty Inc, WWD and FN's sites and drive significant revenue across Beauty Inc, WWD and Footwear News. This role requires a seasoned journalist who can think like a marketer. This is a sleeve-up role for someone who wants to build an ecommerce business from the ground up. This role can be based in California or New York.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content and a demonstrated interest in covering the consumer fashion and beauty market.
• Serve as editorial director of all ecommerce offerings on Beauty Inc, WWD and FN: That means being responsible for idea-generation of stories, the writing of those stories, and producing the affiliate links for them, plus commissioning, assigning, and editing the ecomm stories from a dedicated freelancer.
• Maintain editorial calendar of ecomm stories.
• Consult daily with PMC's SEO team to optimize planned stories.
• Strategically update pre-existing ecomm articles to accumulate SEO authority.
• Work with other editorial staff to collect ideas for stories.
• Provide weekly revenue reports, broken down by platform/stream.
• Ensure that ecomm on Beauty Inc, WWD and FN is as engaging editorially as any other pieces on Beauty Inc, WWD and FN and lives up to the site's editorial standards.
• Write at least 12 ecommerce articles per week, plus edit five or more stories from a freelancer.
• Consistent, demonstrated traffic growth for all ecommerce.
• Hit robust volume, traffic and revenue targets.
• Must have demonstrated understanding of affiliate marketing, including the ability to pull links from affiliate networks, negotiate commission rates and liaise with affiliate partners.
• A history of journalistic excellence covering fashion/beauty at publications of 3 million monthly visitors or higher, with 5 years of experience.
• A minute attention to detail, including following specific best practices that directly impact our traffic.
• An ability to set your own hours, with the understanding that workload corresponds to meeting revenue targets.
• Demonstrated ecomm experience with specific revenue wins that can be verified.
WWD: WWD is the leading business authority for the fashion, retail, and beauty industries. WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, consumers, and trend-makers.
Beauty Inc: Beauty Inc is the insider's guide to the global Beauty community. Offering six franchise printed issues per year, a weekly news-based digital publication, and expanded coverage on wwd.com, Beauty Inc is highly-regarded for comprehensive reporting on industry trends and marketplace developments and is considered the premier source for in-depth coverage on all aspects of the Beauty, Wellness and Retail communities.
Footwear News: Footwear News is the ultimate source for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider's perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more.