Beauty and Style Commerce Editor
WwdNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fairchild Media: Beauty and Style Commerce Editor
Fairchild Media, publisher of WWD, Beauty Inc, Footwear News, and Sourcing Journal, is hiring a beauty and style e-commerce editor to support affiliate marketing content creation across Beauty Inc, WWD and FN’s sites. The ideal candidate should consider themselves to be a creative and ambitious self-starter with an extensive knowledge of beauty and fashion products and a passion for researching the latest style shopping trends. In addition to monitoring data analytics to optimize commerce content and inspire new commerce franchise ideas, this person will also assist the commerce team with the CMS production of freelancer stories. This role is based in New York and reports to the director of commerce.
• Conceive and write product roundups, buying guides, product reviews, and sales content.
• Identify and interview credible expert sources in the fashion, beauty, health and wellness space to add quality service tips to commerce content.
• Edit and produce freelancer commerce stories.
• Update pre-existing commerce articles to accumulate SEO authority.
• Collaborate with the commerce team and other editorial staff to execute ambitious commerce franchises and stories.
• Assist in monitoring and fulfilling traffic and affiliate goals while identifying new growth opportunities for Fairchild Media Group.
• A minimum of 3 years professional writing experience for a digital media brand or publisher.
• Must be a clean, fast writer that's highly organized and pays strong attention to detail.
• Understanding of affiliate marketing.
WWD is the leading business authority for the fashion, retail, and beauty industries. WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, consumers, and trend-makers.
Beauty Inc: Beauty Inc is the insider’s guide to the global Beauty community. Offering six franchise printed issues per year, a weekly news-based digital publication, and expanded coverage on wwd.com, Beauty Inc is highly-regarded for comprehensive reporting on industry trends and marketplace developments and is considered the premier source for in-depth coverage on all aspects of the Beauty, Wellness and Retail communities.
Footwear News: Footwear News is the ultimate source for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.