Full Time Job
WTVD, the Disney/ABC owned station in Raleigh/Durham, is seeking a Grass Valley Ignite Director to join our team. This individual is a critical member of our newsroom and will be responsible for directing live weekend and weekday newscasts while working closely with key staff and management during the live broadcast. The successful candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, and function well under pressure. This is a great opportunity to work in the 24th market.
• Direct live newscasts, including breaking news, through the use of Grass Valley's Ignite Automation System
• Effectively communicate to key staff and management to ensure a seamless newscast
• Responsible for all technical aspects of the live broadcast including, but not limited to, IQT coding, preparing newscast rundown, building events and operating robotic cameras in Ignite
• Recognize and be able to troubleshoot problems with Ignite Automation:
• Grass Valley K-Frame Switcher
• Vinten Robotics
• Studio Mics and Lighting
• Experience working with Grass Valley Ignite or other newsroom automation software
• Familiar with all aspects of television production
• Strong team player who interacts well with other departments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Excellent multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt and handle last minute changes
• Knowledge of Dalet and automation integration preferred
• Live directing and/or switching experience and knowledge of switcher concepts
• Experience with Ross Overdrive
• Dalet newsroom system experience a plus
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.