Full Time Job
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
WTVD, the ABC owned-and-operated station in Raleigh-Durham, NC is looking for an experienced, dynamic Investigative Producer to join our established I-Team. This person must be able to take a story from start to finish: researching, interviewing, shooting, writing and video editing. The employee would not only produce stories for the linear TV platform, but also adapt those stories and produce for WTVD's digital and social platforms. Candidates must be active users of social media for news gathering and understand how to leverage those platforms for stories. Expect to contribute story ideas and offer ways to dig deeper into general assignment stories in the daily editorial meetings. We want a self-starter, team player who works well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Generating story leads and following tips
• Researching, shooting, writing, producing and editing investigative reports
• Responsible for long form reports as well as quick daily turns depending on the news cycle
• Expertise in digital and Social Media for all aspects of production and promotion
• Perform undercover work and surveillance when necessary
• Identify and track relevant datasets available across the market and state
• Obtain and analyze data and pitch revelatory stories based around data mining process
• Develop digital content based in data, but supported by context and impact on residents' lives
• Be an advocate and resource for investigative and data journalism within your newsroom
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for air
• Willing to work non-traditional business days/hours and alter schedule on short notice
• Solid understanding of journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws as they relate to investigations and hidden cameras
• Experience with hidden cameras and surveillance techniques
• Data journalism skills and desire to develop those skills to expert level
• Able to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.