Full Time Job
Executive Producer (Walt Disney Television)
WTVD/ABC 11 News, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer (Dayside) to join the ABC11 News team. The Executive Producer manages daily newscasts and content in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy and have a track record of breaking news success stories. The Executive Producer must able to guide, coach and mentor our staff.
• Execute big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage
• Supervise Newscast Producers and provide consistent feedback to Producers by setting goals and tracking progress
• Inspire Producers in the development of compelling newscast production and story-telling
• Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings
• Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
• Work with the Audience Development team on newscast promotion across all platforms
• Copy edit scripts
• Manage Producer Schedules
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
• Minimum 5 years in news producing
• Management experience preferred
• Must have superior news judgment
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.