Celebrity Partnerships Manager
World Food Program USAWashington, DC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Celebrity Partnerships Manager jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Celebrity Partnerships Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Celebrity Partnerships Manager? We are offering an amazing opportunity for a well-connected, creative thinker with a track record of producing successful social impact programs to join the United Nations World Food Programme and its U.S. affiliate, World Food Program USA, to help significantly build brand awareness and raise the organization's profile among global and U.S.-based audiences
Manager, Strategic Partnerships, World Food Program USA, Washington, D.C.
World Food Program USA is the recognized leader in America's pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses, and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero-hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations, and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
Overall Position Description
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a well-connected, creative thinker with a track record of producing successful social impact programs to join the United Nations World Food Programme and its U.S. affiliate, World Food Program USA, to help significantly build brand awareness and raise the organization's profile among global and U.S.-based audiences.
To reach more people with lifesaving food and resources, the United Nations World Food Programme must increase its ability to raise funds from the private sector. The Strategic Partnerships Manager will identify, develop and steward mutually beneficial partnerships with celebrities/influencers, media platforms, creative agencies, and other private sector entities, and create platforms and campaigns that bring these partnerships to life.
A successful candidate must be able to make strategic recommendations for new partnerships that will advance WFP's mission and must demonstrate a proven ability to increase brand visibility, deepen brand familiarity and solidify brand trust through strategic partnerships, enabling our organization to effectively fundraise with the private sector.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will operate under the joint supervision of the Sr. Director of Marketing and Digital Fundraising/WFP USA and the Head of Marketing/WFP.
Outreach and External Relationships
• With a focus on priority fundraising markets, use an established network of contacts to cultivate, grow and manage relationships on behalf of WFP with celebrities/influencers and thought/opinion leaders, as well as creative agencies, studios, talent agencies, production companies, media organizations, and other sports/entertainment companies.
• Use these relationships to identify strategic opportunities that align with WFP's Global Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into priority initiatives and campaigns, particularly with regards to celebrities/influencers and media partnerships in the United States.
• Stay up to date on WFP organizational and operational priorities; updating partners and prospects accordingly.
• Represent WFP with integrity, dignity, and professionalism.
· With WFP target audience segments in mind, identify, pitch, and manage opportunities for shared-voice lifestyle media partnerships that align with WFP's Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into key initiatives and campaigns.
· Keep up on trends in media and entertainment in key markets with an aim to promote innovation within WFP and insert WFP and world hunger into pop culture conversations.
· With WFP target audience segments in mind, identify, develop, and steward partnerships with celebrity/influencers that align with WFP's Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into key initiatives and campaigns.
· Manage an engagement funnel for influencer relationships, including Goodwill Ambassadors and other celebrities, chefs, and social media influencers.
· Develop partnership proposals for prospective and renewing global Goodwill Ambassadors, in alignment with WFP's Brand
· Manage and coordinate outreach to WFP's Goodwill Ambassadors, celebrities, and other social media influencers, ensuring proper priority of asks between initiatives/campaigns, offices and divisions.
· Help guide WFP's H.Q., Divisions, Regional Bureaus and Country Offices in their use of earned media amplification and in their engagement of WFP Goodwill Ambassadors, celebrities and other social media influencers to help achieve their brand-building goals.
· Review partnership plans for Regional and National Goodwill Ambassadors, offering advice for optimization when asked.
· Development of materials: Conceive of and write supporting materials (backgrounders, messaging, talking points, press documents, marketing decks, etc.) for influencers, media and other partnership prospects as needed. Develop plans, project management timelines, surveys, briefing documents, guidance and correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging as needed.
· In coordination with other units and the rest of the marketing team, create and execute methods of monitoring and evaluating WFP and WFP USA's work with influencers and its execution of publicity efforts and integrated marketing campaigns, including key KPIs and necessary market research.
· Be mindful of and assess potential reputational risk to WFP and WFP USA when engaging with influencers and developing strategic partnerships.
· Undertake any other duties as may be assigned
Advanced university degree in Branding, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or undergraduate degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
· At least 5 years of postgraduate or progressively responsible professional experience
· Well organized and detail-oriented with strong judgment/decision-making skills
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Experience in developing communication strategies, plans or campaigns
· Ability to understand audiences and plan for desired outcomes
· Ability to plan and organize work and communicate effectively
· Ability to handle a large volume of work and to meet strict deadlines
· Must be passionate about solving global hunger
· Fluency in oral and written in English
· Assignment is based in USA (Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY or Washington, DC)