VP of Marketing
WonderyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WONDERY is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to join our rapidly growing team in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for driving marketing strategy, planning, creative, execution and analysis.
The role is a critical member of the senior team and will lead a team of 3 direct reports and several freelancers across all aspects of marketing, including audio media buying, social media, email marketing, branding and messaging.
This role requires staying abreast of industry trends, the latest audio and digital marketing strategies and developing & managing strategic relationships with our marketing, platform and channel partners.
You will be responsible for planning and optimizing marketing spend for Wondery, assessing channel and campaign performance, designing and analyzing marketing tests aimed at gaining insights, as well as developing strategic and tactical points-of-view that can be translated to marketing & branding strategies that helps achieve company goals. The marketing team's work directly impacts the success of each of our shows and the company's bottom line. We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, highly analytical and strategic thinker to lead a team dedicated to growing our business. He or she will actively participate in strategic discussions with senior executives and work cross-functionally with Content Development, Content Acquisition, Sales, Data/Research and Finance teams to add value to the business.
Through the development and successful execution of marketing strategies and tactics, you will be responsible for increasing top line revenue growth and overall growth in listenership, both in the US and globally. The ideal candidate will possess a strong digital marketing background, be a heavy podcast listener and have a media buying background that enables them to easily guide, execute and evaluate media plans. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business issues, be able to evaluate creative and give create direction, as well as have strong communication skills that enables them to drive successful partnerships and engage at the CXO level
• Develop and execute all marketing strategies for the company, for both individual shows and the Wondery brand overall. This includes all aspects of marketing and media-buying such as audio (podcasts, Radio), PR, digital (social, email, web, mobile) and traditional (TV, OOH, Print)
• Work closely with platform partners (Apple, Spotify, Castbox, etc) to maintain relationship and maximum promotion for our shows
• Set goals, marketing plan and budget for all new show launches and ongoing shows in order to meet Wondery goals and related success metrics, including growth in monthly downloads and unique listeners
• Support the growth and success of Wondery+ subscription service
• Closely monitor and analyze key performance indicators, including cost per listen, conversion rates, unique listeners, downloads and audience metrics per show and campaign
• Bring leadership, vision, innovation and creative direction to the team
• Stay abreast of industry news, emerging trends, competitive landscape & offerings, audio platforms, podcast landscape as well as top & emerging shows in all categories
• Attend industry conferences as required to develop relationships
• Candidate will have at least 10+ years of overall work experience and at least 6 years direct experience in digital, film and/or TV marketing
• Must have at least 4 years of experience managing a team of direct reports
• Expertise in building successful consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (Podcasts, TV and/or film) or at a top innovative brand or agency with an emphasis on content marketing
• A mastery of verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills to lead meetings, manage workflow and give direction to the team
• A selfless, proactive and collaborative marketing professional who will naturally go beyond roles and titles to get great work done
• Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to innovate
• Must be accountable and willing to learn from mistakes
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities, managing 10+ projects simultaneously while reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• A strong understanding of audio (midroll, episode drops), digital advertising (mobile, paid social, display) and traditional (OOH, TV, press) channels
• Demonstrated understanding of audio apps and a willingness to learn audio-specific performance tracking
• Ability to read a P&L, manage a marketing budget and work in MS excel
• Undergraduate degree required, MBA is a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online