Sr Producer, Topical Shows
WonderyWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Come be part of the creative team at Wondery. The Wondery Content Team is looking for a Sr. Producer to work closely with the Head of Topical Shows to develop and manage production of always-on talk-formats across genres including comedy, sports, pop-culture, music, entertainment, and personality-driven interview/chat shows. You'll help oversee the development and production of topical podcasts including ideating formats, sourcing talent, editing scripts/show rundowns and working with talent (from the famous to the unknown), sound designers, writers and producers from around the country.
So who are you? You're experienced in content development, production, and audio storytelling. You have the ability to tell stories in an entertaining, compelling and emotionally engaging way no matter the content, genre, or format. You're creative and curious and a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment. No task is beneath you and you're able to take full ownership of shows - from development through overseeing production.
This job is open to Los Angeles, Atlanta, and New York City candidates.
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with Head of Topical shows to develop new podcast series
• Develop concept, structure, and establish the tone and voice of a show
• Provide guidance and organization on new and existing projects
• Manage various show teams, and maintain regular communication with hosts, producers, and sound designers
• Provide detailed feedback/notes on episode scripts/rundowns and mixes
• Edit and provide detailed feedback on scripts and mixes
About the team
The Wondery Topicals team produces weekly and daily podcasts including the award-winning sports show The Lead, The Lead: Starting Five, Life is Short with Justin Long, Rich & Daily, and many more.
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the ''Top 10 New Shows of 2021'', according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Forty shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV , the upcoming WeCrashed on Apple TV and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery . With Wondery , fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
• Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• Minimum of 6 years as a producer/production manager/showrunner/line producer
• 6 years experience with development, budgeting, scheduling
• Experience enterprising a show from initial development through overseeing production
• Experience working in interview/talk-based podcasts with name talent
• Experience in developing/sourcing ideas and talent for talk-format podcasts
• Managing production process including but not limited to: setting the show calendar, selecting hosts and directing them in recording sessions, providing written feedback and mix notes to sound designers, working with marketing/sales for a successful show launch
• Bachelors or equivalent experience