Sr Producer, Commissioned Orig
WonderyNew York, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/17/2022 2:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Sr Producer, Commissioned Orig jobs in New York-CA
Search all Sr Producer, Commissioned Orig postings
Full Time Job
Amazon Music and Wondery are seeking a Senior Producer of Commissioned Originals. This role will provide key guidance on creative approach, production process, and best practices for how to create compelling original podcast content. You will play a primary role in vetting concepts for Originals, and then will be responsible for setting creative goals, budgets, quality standards, and production timelines with third-party production teams, and connecting them with the senior members of our internal content team to help steer the creative process.
You should be organized, have deep experience with story structure and storytelling; experience with audio and podcast production is a plus, but other types of deep development experience in other media will be considered. You should be engaged and curious about the world, understand story and how to convey complex factual information in an entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging way.
A strong candidate will have at least six years of experience in audio content development and/or production in podcasting or original audio. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems-doing whatever is needed to get the job done-is essential.
This job is open to Los Angeles and New York City candidates.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive the growth, and elevate the quality of Amazon Music & Wondery original and exclusive podcast slate
• Use high business and creative judgment to make consistently good content investment and editorial decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business
• Lead highly creative teams, balance several projects at once, drive toward clear goals and pivot quickly when needed, and help producers reach their full potential
• Develop and work on a range of show concepts: from talent-driven interview shows to highly produced documentary series
• Set the bar for both excellence and efficiency, support producers to advance their production and storytelling skills
• Develop and maintain positive partner, client and host relationships
• Lead the day-to-day production of shows in development at various stages, including direct supervision of internal and external production teams
• Create and manage production schedules and calendars to ensure timely delivery of show materials
• Coordinate effectively among cross-functional teams, particularly marketing, PR, and advertising
A day in the life
A day in the life is extremely varied for a Senior Producer on the Commissioned Originals team. Beyond our listeners, our customers are both our internal colleagues as well as our external partners, and a big part of this job day-to-day is managing those internal and external communications.
On the business/development front - Activities could vary between consulting with our Podcast Development team on determining whether an external pitch is ready for green light or determining whether we need more R&D support prior to going to series, vetting a submitted production budget and schedule from a third party team, or working with our internal legal teams on the specific terms of a contract.
On the production/editorial front - Daily activities of this role would be the day-to-day management of assigned titles, which would vary across genre and format. That might include talking to an EP of an ongoing series about dipping DL numbers and discussing future topics/episodes we should explore based on feedback from our research team, giving script and mix notes for a series, troubleshooting larger sound design problems on a trailer with external sound designers, consulting with Wondery Marketing teams about a kickoff meeting ahead of a series launch, talent management of hosts and/or showrunners, or even navigating unforeseen production delays that could impact delivery.
About the team
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal, and Business Wars. Wondery's shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' An impressive 31 of Wondery's shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
• Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports