Sr Manager, Talent Development
WonderyWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Wondery is searching for a Senior Manager of Talent Development who will be tasked with identifying and training new podcast talent to work for Wondery. This role will include identifying, recruiting and training new writers to join new and existing Wondery shows. It will be your responsibility to develop the best and build a new onboarding process that will make a smooth transition for all new writers joining Wondery. You will become the go to executive for identifying new podcast talent for all miniseries, new shows and current always on shows. This is a key role that blends production experience with development experience in knowing how to seek out and secure talent. You will work closely with the head of production, head of podcast development and head of each content verticals to help staff each new and existing show.
This role can be based in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY regions.
Key job responsibilities
• Help seek out, identify and train new podcast talent and hosts
• Work closely across all production verticals to hire and develop the best podcast talent
• Help train writers to write in Wondery's style
• Serve as the primary project liaison between in house show producers and talent to help make the smoothest transition for all new hires.
• Develop transition and training programs for writers between new shows.
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the ''Top 10 New Shows of 2021'', according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). 44 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV, WeCrashed on Apple TV and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery . With Wondery , fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
• Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6 years of experience all aspects of podcast development & production
• Development experience working with writers and giving creative notes and guidance
• 6 years experience in narrative non-fiction storytelling
• Experience hiring and developing podcast talent including writers and hosts.