Senior Producer, TV / Film
WonderyWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Wondery is looking for a Senior Producer, TV/Film to help service its robust slate. Wondery has sold over 20 projects to studios, networks and streamers and have had four prestige limited series released over the last year including: Dr. Death, Shrink Next Door, WeCrashed and Joe vs. Carole. The ideal candidate has extensive development experience with the ability to identify strong material and talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Looking for an executive who has a strong grasp of television and feature writers, has excellent development instincts giving creative notes and building pitches to sell in the market. Using your comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent, you will leverage your previous industry relationships and develop new ones to help package and develop Wondery's podcasts for sale in film and television. Looking for a dynamic self motivated executive who excels in a fast paced environment jumping back and forth between different projects on a daily basis. This is a phenomenal opportunity to grow within a forward thinking media company that is at the pinnacle of IP creation for the Film/TV business. This job reports into the Head of Film/TV development at Wondery.
Key job responsibilities
• Recruit creative talent to package our podcasts around. You are expected to be ahead of the curve and meeting writers for Wondery to be in business in advance of our podcast releases.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Read and meet writers to staff rooms for television shows.
• Provide creative notes on outlines, drafts and writer pitches on existing projects
• Support all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the ''Top 10 New Shows of 2021'', according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). 43 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV, WeCrashed on Apple TV and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery . With Wondery , fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
• Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports