Producer - Current Series
WonderyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Wondery is looking for a Producer to help produce our Original series. This role will assist the producers and senior producers across several ongoing Wondery shows and miniseries. We are looking for a candidate who loves audio storytelling, is curious about the world, and knows how to convey sometimes complicated information in a way that is entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging. Potential to grow into a more senior producer position.
• Researching, fact checking and editing scripts for our series
• Providing structural notes on series outlines and individual episodes as well as line edits for clarity, pacing, conversational tone, etc.
• Identifying new topics, writers, and editors for our current and upcoming series, including American History Tellers, Business Wars, American Scandal, American Innovations, etc.
• Helping manage editorial pipeline and supervise external show editors and producers
• Coordinating and tracking narration with host, coordinating files and scripts with audio house and providing mix notes
• Writing or editing series and episode descriptionsRequirements:
• Strong writing, editing and research skills
• 3+ years experience in writing or producing in the long-form realm
• Experience in radio or writing for the ear
• Experience in long-form narrative structure, particularly in the audio space including crafting series arcs across multiple episodes
• Experience with character-driven narrative storytelling, scene setting and dialogue writing
• Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting, and what makes compelling audio and sound
• An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way for listeners.
• Ability to work across narrative storytelling genres with a basis in fact - history, science, business and others.
• Excellent time management skills and sensitivity to deadlines
• Interest in highlighting stories from diverse communities and exploring stories that disrupt/challenge traditional historical narratives
• This is a full-time position based in our Los Angeles office.
• Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online