Producer, Commissioned Orig.
WonderyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/20/2022 8:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Producer, Commissioned Orig. jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer, Commissioned Orig. postings
Full Time Job
The Producer, Commissioned Originals, will be a key member of the Wondery and Amazon Music Podcast Content team, serving as a main liaison between external producers and internal creative teams. As a part of the newly formed Commissioned Originals team, this role will have ample opportunity to help establish the workflows that define our ongoing creative & editorial relationships with our podcast partners.
Equal parts left and right brain, this role requires both a familiarity with the creative development process, as well as significant production experience in overseeing production budgets, schedules, deliverables, as well as providing key editorial notes and feedback. This role will track progress and manage the delivery of all media and assets from third-party productions to Wondery, and own the onboarding process for new and existing partners/producers.
A strong candidate will have experience in managing complex original series, strong editorial sensibilities, and a passion for podcasts and audio storytelling. This is a unique role on the Wondery content team, and will be across the entire lifecycle of a slate of projects from initial pitch through greenlight and series launch.
For the right candidate, this is a unique combination of truly owning a series soup-to-nuts: Participating in the early creative development and contractual negotiation process with a variety of partners/stakeholders, overseeing daily production, and helping to guide the strategic direction of all upcoming Commissioned Originals projects.
This role is open to Los Angeles or New York City area.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with Head of Commissioned Originals and senior content team on content review and editorial development of new series
• Oversee and approve post-production schedules and workflows for third-party producers
• Oversee on-time delivery for a slate of assigned series and projects across both scripted and unscripted genres
• Coordinate closely with internal Wondery/Amazon Music podcast development, production management, and business affairs departments to assess scope and challenges of individual proposals/projects submitted from external partners
• Maintain relationships with producers and key talent, and serve as a liaison between Wondery departments and external production teams
• Track key deliverables to ensure timely receipt of assets for podcast show launch and ongoing promotion
• Build and maintain relationships with partners, producers, directors, and production companies in the Podcast industry.
• Effectively manage and communicate multiple streams of information to the right stakeholders.
A day in the life
A day in the life is extremely varied for a Producer on the Commissioned Originals team! Beyond our listeners, our customers are both our internal colleagues as well as our external partners, and a big part of this job day-to-day is managing those internal and external communications!
On the business/development front - Activities could vary between consulting with our Podcast Development team on determining whether an external pitch is ready for green light or determining whether we need more R&D support prior to going to series, vetting a submitted production budget and schedule from a third party team, or working with our internal legal teams on the specific terms of a contract.
On the production/editorial front - Daily activities of this role would be the day-to-day management of assigned titles, which would vary across genre and format. That might include talking to an EP of an ongoing series about dipping DL numbers and discussing future topics/episodes we should explore based on feedback from our research team, giving script and mix notes for a series, troubleshooting larger sound design problems on a trailer with external sound designers, consulting with Wondery Marketing teams about a kickoff meeting ahead of a series launch, talent management of hosts and/or showrunners, or even navigating unforeseen production delays that could impact delivery.
About the team
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal, and Business Wars. Wondery's shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' An impressive 31 of Wondery's shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
In a nutshell - We are looking for diplomatic problem solvers!
We are looking for people who can be firm in maintaining Wondery's standards across the board, while still creating a supportive creative culture for partners that establishes Wondery and Amazon Music as a top-tier creative home for external talent and partners.
• 3 years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
• 3 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports