Head Of Wondery
WonderyCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2023 7:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Head Of Wondery jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Head Of Wondery postings
Full Time Job
Head Of Wondery , Wondery
We are looking for an experienced general manager to oversee all aspects of Wondery , Wondery's fast-growing podcast subscription service. As Head of Wondery , you will be responsible for the overall leadership, strategy, operations and financial performance of our subscription-based media service. You will be a senior member of the Wondery Product, Data & Tech team, reporting to the Head of Product, Data & Tech.
The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience driving revenue and profitable growth for a subscription-based digital media business. You have a proven track record of successfully building high-performing teams, managing matrixed organizations, and overseeing all aspects of the business from strategy to operations. You are an analytic, data-driven thinker with marketing acumen who also understands content strategy, and product development. You know how to demonstrably grow revenue through subscriber acquisition and retention best practices. You communicate effectively, can collaborate across teams, and represent the business both internally and externally.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive the development and execution of our business strategy and roadmap.
- Own the subscription value proposition, continuously looking for ways to deliver more value to subscribers.
- Own subscriber growth targets and the P&L for Wondery .
- Track key metrics such as churn, listener engagement, and customer acquisition costs.
- Work to improve profitability of the service.
- Build and lead a high-performance matrixed team across Content, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Partnerships, Business Development, Analytics, and Operations.
- Work closely with Content and Content Partnerships to set the Content strategy for Wondery , partnering with internal and third-party creators to define and implement strategies to grow our subscriber base.
- Drive priorities with Business
- Development and Product to ensure Wondery secures placement and launches on the most important distribution channels for subscriber growth and engagement.
- Work closely with Product to ensure a best-in-class user experience through innovative product development and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop compelling marketing campaigns and content strategies to attract and engage subscribers.
- Advise on brand messaging and positioning.
- Work closely with Analytics to craft reporting and analysis to evaluate business performance. Make data-driven decisions to optimize the business.
- Own the Quarterly Business Review and inputs into regular Wondery planning and reporting documents.
- Work closely with Research to continually understand our customer base, and to develop messaging and strategies to support growth.
- Represent Wondery and Wondery externally at industry events and advocate for the business internally with stakeholder groups across various Amazon divisions.
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich and Business Wars, as well as distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, Morbid, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the ''Top 25 New Shows of 2022'' (according to Podtrac) and is the #2 podcast network in the US (according to Podtrac and Triton) including Twin Flames, Fed Up and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV . Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized, podcast-first listening experience, including access to its premium offering Wondery . With Wondery , fans get a premium listening experience, including exclusive podcasts, early access to new episodes of hit shows, ad-free listening, merch discounts, live streamed events, and more.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA
- 5 years of team management experience
- 7 years of cross functional project delivery experience, or a MBA and 5 years of cross functional project delivery experience
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience defining and executing program requirements
- Experience managing teams of 6 or more