Head Of Podcast Content
WonderyWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Head Of Podcast Content, LATAM, Amazon
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal and Business Wars. Wondery's shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' Ten of the Top 20 New Shows of 2020 in the US were from Wondery, according to Podtrac, and an impressive 31 of Wondery's shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Wondery launched the global hit Dr. Death in seven languages worldwide, reaching #1 in five countries and recently hit #1 with their first UK show, British Scandal. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
Wondery is looking for a Head of Podcast Content, LATAM to lead the growth of our original and exclusive podcast slates across Latin America. In this position you will be responsible for building country-level podcast content teams across the region including the sourcing, development and execution of the local original and exclusive content strategies and productions. You will report to Wondery's Head of International Podcast Content to design and execute growth strategies by marketplace, building best-in-class content teams to acquire exclusive shows and create compelling originals that can be released within the Wondery brand of premium story-driven podcasts like Business Wars, Dr. Death, Even the Rich, and The Lead.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and passion to everything they do, with extensive experience in building, inspiring and managing a fast-paced content team across development and production, creating a culture of innovation and thinking big. You will have at least 10 years of international experience in a fast paced, high growth media environment. You are a collaborative leader and will have a proven ability to build bridges and connect resources and talent across cultural and political boundaries, ideally with experience managing in a matrixed organization. The ideal candidate is a both a strong creative and invested leader with the proven ability to manage teams across all genres, solving day to day production problems as well as supporting bigger strategic and regulatory issues relevant to the territory. You must have deep experience with story structure and storytelling; experience with audio and podcast production is a plus, but other types of deep development experience in other media will be considered. You should be engaged and curious about the world, understand story and how to convey complex factual information in an entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging way.
Additional locations include: [New York City, New York] and [Mexico City]
Key job responsibilities
• Build, lead and manage the Latin America content teams
• Own and execute Wondery's local audio strategy, budget and planning for the region
• Oversee new Podcast content partner acquisitions and Originals and Exclusive series productions
• Manage relationships with third-party content providers, producing original and exclusive podcast content and programming our local editorial offering
• Formulate the annual and quarterly plans, engage internal and external stakeholder inputs and execute locally
• Regularly liaise and collaborate with internal colleagues to build the business across diverse geographic regions
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• 7 years of experience managing a team of production executives
• 6 years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
• Minimum of 10 years overall work experience in leadership roles in media organizations with demonstrated success as evidenced by high performing content slates,