Head Of Fiction, Miniseries
WonderyWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Wondery is seeking a Head of Fiction, Miniseries, to oversee our slate of exciting and innovative series, and build a team devoted to audio fiction. Building on the success of Wondery's award-winning audio drama Blood Ties, this role will be responsible for sourcing, developing and producing writers, directors, and producers to create immersive and engaging fiction series. This role works with both internal and external partners to shape each series from beginning to end, and to delight and surprise existing audiences and reach new ones.
This role can be based in either Los Angeles, CA or Brooklyn or New York, NY.
Key job responsibilities
• Executive Produce Wondery's fiction limited series
• Lead production of compelling and innovative limited series by clearly communicating the parameters and goals for each project to internal and external team members.
• Working with the development team to establish and manage production teams
• Own strong relationships with partners around both creative and business conversations with writers, directors, actors, incubators and more.
• Plan and execute a 3Y strategy for Wondery's Fiction series.
• Source and develop new stories
• Work cross functionally with development and marketing teams at Wondery to find and launch new fiction series
A day in the life
You will play a critical role in developing and producing our original fiction miniseries. Working closely with the Head of Miniseries, you will oversee multiple series from initial idea to delivery. You will lead production teams of Writers, Directors, Associate Producers, Producers and Senior Producers. You will own the development of an evolving fiction strategy.
About the team
The Miniseries team is a collaborative team that produces diverse, well-told stories in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the ''Top 10 New Shows of 2021'', according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Forty shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV , the upcoming WeCrashed on Apple TV and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery . With Wondery , fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
• 10 years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
• 10 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports