Senior Producer, Podcasting
WondermindLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Summary of Position:
Wondermind is looking for an experienced and talented Producer to join our team. In this role, you will collaboratively lead others, as well as have a hands-on role in the creation of podcast content.
You will need to be able to intuitively assess content and be able to develop content to share stories with a podcast audience. Ideal candidates will have podcast and writing experience. A unique qualification will be a demonstrative passion for audio storytelling and for working with other audio professionals.
What You Will Do:
• Maintain full ownership of podcast programming using existing resources alongside the senior editor, senior writer, and Co-CEO.
• Curate and maintain recording and show premiere schedules
• Collaborate with senior writer to curate long form, entertaining content that can be made programmatic
• Use metrics to make data-based decisions on what to select for Programming
• Develop and pitch unique + innovative ideas
• Lead the production and pitch processes for projects, from development to execution
• Perform a wide variety of business tasks, including identifying and interviewing sources, fact-checking, and managing talent
• Deliver quality programming consistently while adhering to deadlines
• Imagining and executing sound or video design concepts with engineers and other staff
• Approving assets with a variety of teams (social media, video, digital, marketing) to help reach large audiences over the web, social media and other platforms
What We Are Looking For:
• 5+ years of experience writing and producing narrative or talent-driven content
• At least two years of experience in podcasting, radio, or video with additional experience in a deadline-driven media environment
• Experience in storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate highly efficient organizational skills, attention to detail and time-management
• Ability to showcase prior work projects involving use of compelling research that assists talent in telling a compelling story
• Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field
• A distinct creative approach
• Experience with audio editing and sound design
• Experience with video production
• Proficiency in digital audio software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with talent, especially talent who may be new to media
• Must be Los Angeles based
• A love for and patience with the collaborative process
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for both the written and spoken word
At Wondermind, we want team members with diverse and distinctive voices, dedicated to the mission of changing the narrative for mental health. Wondermind is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Wondermind is a multimedia brand and content company dedicated to mental health and storytelling across all platforms. Wondermind is producing feature films, television shows, audio storytelling and social series under the Wondermind brand. All of Wondermind's efforts are anchored by a singular mission: to change the narrative for mental health.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online