Intern - Sponsorship Sales
Wnba Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship/marketing and sales to join our Sponsorship Department. During this internship, you will experience the ins and outs of sponsorship sales from the beginning of the sales process all the way through the close. This internship will mainly be focused on ideation, research and prospecting with a focus on revenue generation for the 2022 WNBA season.
Location: This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office located in the Lakeside Center of McCormick Place in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date: This internship spans from the beginning of February until the end of May. Standout interns will have an opportunity to apply for paid full-time and part-time positions at the end of their internship for any applicable openings.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment: Interns are expected to work approximately 24 hours per week, including two (2) days per week in the office and once per week remote. Additionally, there may be events, and games that you will be asked to work, including nights and weekends. A flexible schedule is a must.
• Researching prospective sponsors and key contacts.
• Building out marketing and sales proposals
• Outreaching to prospective sponsors
• Grassroots marketing efforts and on-site activation execution (limited during off-season).
• Other duties, as assigned by management.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual, professional, and solutions-oriented.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
• Strong teamwork skills, as well as able to work alone on certain projects.
• Skills in design (Photoshop, InDesign) or basic HTML are a plus!
• A willingness to learn and adapt.
The Chicago Sky requires its staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required) or a negative COVID test result within 48 hours of an in-office visit.