Intern - Sponsorship Activation
Wnba Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship/marketing to join our sponsorship department. During this internship, you will experience the ins and outs of sponsorship activation from the end of the sales process of new partners to the activation of all partnerships. This internship will mainly be focused on off-season activation and new season preparation from ideation and planning to execution.
Location: This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office located in the Lakeside Center of McCormick Place in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date: This internship spans from the beginning of February until the end of May. Standout interns will have an opportunity to apply for paid full-time and part-time positions at the end of their internship for any applicable openings.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment: Interns are expected to work approximately 24 hours per week, including two (2) days per week in the office and once per week remote. Additionally, there may be events, and games that you will be asked to work, including nights and weekends. A flexible schedule is a must.
• Planning and executing essential game-day sponsorship activations.
• Marketing proposal and proof of performance deck building.
• Event and game night planning.
• Marketing research and outreach development for potential partners.
• Grassroots marketing efforts and on-site activation execution (limited during off season).
• Other duties, as assigned.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual, professional, and solutions-oriented.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
• Strong teamwork skills, as well as able to work alone on certain projects.
• Skills in design (Photoshop, InDesign) or basic HTML are a plus!
• A willingness to learn and adapt.
The Chicago Sky requires its staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required) or a negative COVID test result within 48 hours of an in-office visit.