Music Business Affairs
WMEBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated 3+ year lawyer to join its Business Affairs department in Beverly Hills, supporting its music agents. Primary responsibilities include structuring, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of deals in touring and live performance for A-list artists. This individual will also be responsible for supporting existing executives, including the Head of WME's Music Business Affairs Department, developing operational efficiencies, and ensuring best practices within the business unit. This is a high-volume practice supporting a large group of agents who operate within tight time frames.
• Act as an innovative business partner with, and provide strategic support and guidance to, WME's music agents.
• Review and negotiate agreements for artist touring operations.
• Advocate for WME client interests (including drafting cease and desist and/or demand/breach letters).
• Implement and refine new systems designed to optimize information- and document-management processes.
• Foster positive long-term relationships with the company's clients and customers.
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
• Admitted to the CA Bar.
• Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience in an entertainment transactional practice.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge.
• Must be able to prioritize a heavy work load with tight timelines.
• Detail oriented, big picture thinking, and cool under pressure.
• Self-motivation, a strong work ethic, a curious mind, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all instances, especially when interacting with clients.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online