Spring Intern - Creative Services Programming Abc7
WLS TelevisionChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2019 3:56:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Creative Services Programming Abc7 jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Spring Intern - Creative Services Programming Abc7 postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Spring Intern - Creative Services Programming Abc7? Creative Services Programming Internship ABC7 (WLS-TV) Spring 2020
ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago is the Midwest flagship of the ABC television network. ABC7 leads the market in local news coverage with daily newscasts, and has been in a number one position in local news since March 1986. The station's offices and studios are located in The Loop in downtown Chicago.
The Creative Services Department includes on-air promotion, programming specials, and public relations.
• Logging tapes for local programming specials
• Joining producers during on-location programming shoots
• Research for local programming specials
• Opportunity to learn how to produce promos
• Opportunity to create digital content for multi platforms
• Participate in promo shoots when scheduled
• Help out at station events when scheduled, i.e. Magnificent Mile Light Festival (November); Auto Show (February); candidate debates (when applicable); Black Women's Expo (March); various station community parade broadcasts throughout the year i.e. Bud Billiken Parade, St. Patrick's Day, Mexican Independence Day, Pride Parade
• Assist in writing press releases and social media copy to publicize specials
• Assist in producing ABC 7 Newsletter
• Positive outlook and great attitude
• Willing to take on any task large or small
• Strong Organizational skills, good follow-up, attention to detail, writing skills, solid computer skills
• Tape logging experience
Degree in TV Production; Communications, Journalism, Media, Marketing/PR
Shooting and editing experience
• All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be available from January through May
• All candidates must be willing to work 18-20 hours/week
• All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.